» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Sage

Default Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner

The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Sage

Paper towels = a no-no on the golf cart windshield!

Once you're happy that nearly all of the scratches are out using the Novus #2, switch to the #1 for regular cleaning.

Here's a bit of info on each of the 3 products:

Novus Plastic Cleaners

Most motorcycle dealers (and other places as well) sell a product called Plexus - comes in a couple of sizes of spray cans. It's also good stuff for cleaning your golf cart windshield:

Plexus

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Gold member

Thanks for info Nancy. I have been using a product from Ace Hardware to clean my glass and it polishes, repels dust and inhibits fogging. I will get some of the Novus for any scratches I have.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Windshield cleaning
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Gold member

Default Windshield cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.
I was just told that the reason for compromising a windshield is using a cleaner with ammonia in it. I havea suggestion. I used creamy peanut butter to clean and remove scratches from DVDs. I bet it would work on the winshield also. Just try an out of the way corner.
Awesome product
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Awesome product

Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee View Post
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear.
Sales person @ carts & clubs says to use vinegar & water & an old T shirt or a micro fiber rag. Will not scratch.

Last edited by Paperboy; 11-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Does it work on the headlight covers that are foggy?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee View Post
Me TOO.

PS
Mine had glass lens for headlight so it didn't work for them.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM

I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM

Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima2000 View Post
I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.
Toothpaste works
Closed Thread