Talk of The Villages



» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner
  #1  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
villages07's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,566
Default Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner

The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.
__________________
Maryland (DC Suburbs) - first 51 years
The Villages - next 51 years

  #2  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,919
Default

Paper towels = a no-no on the golf cart windshield!

Once you're happy that nearly all of the scratches are out using the Novus #2, switch to the #1 for regular cleaning.

Here's a bit of info on each of the 3 products:

Novus Plastic Cleaners

Most motorcycle dealers (and other places as well) sell a product called Plexus - comes in a couple of sizes of spray cans. It's also good stuff for cleaning your golf cart windshield:

Plexus

Bill
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Mikitv's Avatar
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Test
Posts: 1,048
Default

Thanks for info Nancy. I have been using a product from Ace Hardware to clean my glass and it polishes, repels dust and inhibits fogging. I will get some of the Novus for any scratches I have.
__________________
TV AT LAST,Jonesboro AR, NashvilleTn, Northville MI, Okemos MI, Howell, MI, Berkley MI, Royal Oak, MI

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Windshield cleaning
  #4  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
SALYBOW's Avatar
Gold member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Villages, fl
Posts: 1,096
Default Windshield cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.
I was just told that the reason for compromising a windshield is using a cleaner with ammonia in it. I havea suggestion. I used creamy peanut butter to clean and remove scratches from DVDs. I bet it would work on the winshield also. Just try an out of the way corner.
__________________
Sally Bowron
Cincinnati, Ohio; Buttonwood, TV
Sponsored Links
Awesome product
  #5  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Village of Bonita, Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 102
Default Awesome product

Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear.
  #6  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village of St. James & Tomahawk,Wi.
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee View Post
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear.
Sales person @ carts & clubs says to use vinegar & water & an old T shirt or a micro fiber rag. Will not scratch.

Last edited by Paperboy; 11-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
  #7  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mira Mesa
Posts: 360
Default

Does it work on the headlight covers that are foggy?
  #8  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Down Sized's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee View Post
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear.
Me TOO.

PS
Mine had glass lens for headlight so it didn't work for them.
__________________
Life is simple, it's just not easy.
  #9  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mira Mesa
Posts: 360
Default

I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.
  #10  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Biker Dog's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima2000 View Post
I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.
Toothpaste works
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.