LSV/NEV insurance nearly doubles

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
1st of all I didn't pay 3000.00 more for my LSV cart and I probably payed alot less that most people buying new golf carts. My golf cart insurance is 280 per year. If you are paying less that 125 a year for a regular golf cart and driving over 19.9 MPH you are only kidding yourself. I am tired of people that are trying to tell me what they think they know.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Cost to title a LSV is $88.25, initial registration is $225.00,license plate and decals are $75.15. Annual renewal is $47.15 and you have to have standard florida state insurance......same as automobile.
The LSV that I had (and got rid of) cost just as much for the insurance as my SUV did.
Got rid of that and now have 2 golf carts instead.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
L&L you must be in a hurry or you wouldn't be looking for an LSV. If you only use your cart for less than 1% of your travel in TV (I am assuming you have a car too) why are you concerned about getting from point A to point B via LSV and saving on average of I would estimate 5-10 minutes, while spending an extra $3,000 for the initial purchase and $400 annual additional insurance.....gn
Thanks for the follow up and concern.
As we mentioned in the posting,
We invested in a longer-term quality product for the convenience, reliability, and safety of our renters at the larger home, and we get a premium if they choose it over the basic cart we keep at the smaller rental.

Like the products we offer in our bicycle shops, on a machine that we plan to keep a decade or longer, the difference between a 'get buy' and a far better 'wanna have' comes out to pennies a week (for bikes, maybe pennies a day for carts, though there are bikes that cost more than some carts)

and all the while we have a better product - and in the end, if we or a bike customer bails and wants to 'get rid of' the bike or cart, the 'extra investment' is now cut in half, and that 'pennies-per----" and cost per use lowered as well, since the premium product will hold value far better.

We have many seniors that will never be in a bike race nor ascent Mt Fuji on a mountain bike, but they want speed, comfort, and reliability.
Who are you or we to say we should not make investments in quality.
Too sad, too bad that the bulk of american consumerism is so based upon price
too bad WalMart's 'American Principles" are now so diluted that they own their own fleet of freighters that dead head from China chock full of crap to be sold in big boxes.

In our industry, we have seen hundreds of kids *and adults) brutally injured (or killed) from department store bikes mis-fitted, mis-assembled, and mis-explained.

We could make just short of a small fortune if we advertised more and took more expert witness assignments, but we usually just suggest they take the bikes back, give the toy store the good news that the kid is alive, and get a real bike.

Just like the TOTV cheap wine quote, life's too short to ride cheap bikes and own cheap carts.
Friends don't let friends drive junk

In terms of 'can't afford", we hear that very often from people in huge pedals with golf clubs in the trunk on their way to a dinner-for-4 with average wine and $100 worth of fuel in the tank

most of those have to be replaced more often that a cart of bicycle

Good thing we didn't go off on bottled water, but this rant is getting too off the wall and way too long

Let's Vote!

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
L&L you must be in a hurry or you wouldn't be looking for an LSV. If you only use your cart for less than 1% of your travel in TV (I am assuming you have a car too) why are you concerned about getting from point A to point B via LSV and saving on average of I would estimate 5-10 minutes, while spending an extra $3,000 for the initial purchase and $400 annual additional insurance.....gn
because i got $5000 rebate for buying it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.