MEE golf cart enclosures - pros/cons?

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default MEE golf cart enclosures - pros/cons?

My wife has decided to get a new 2017 Yamaha, probably from Carts and Clubs, and is thinking about the MEE enclosure they offer; anybody have one and what do you like and dislike about it?

I know they look cheap, like someone built one in their garage, but she likes it better than the enclosures that swing out toward the rear and stick out from the cart - too much of a claustrophobic feeling for her when closed.

Thanks for any info.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Had one and they shake and rattle
Old 03-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Gold member

We have the Curtis Cab and love it. If we ever buy another cart, it will have one too.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Gold member

We had a MEE enclosure on the last cart we owned. I liked it and didn't find it rattled. It's nice to have the glass all the way to the bottom of the door.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

I am also claustrophobic and have put MEE enclosures on both the cars I have owned. They look a bit dorky but I don't get blasted with wind and wayward sprinkles. I nicknamed It the "Popemobile". Check it occasionally to make sure it is tight. Going over speed bumps and deep gutters affects everything in your cart, including enclosures. I would buy one again. I bought mine directly from the manufacturer in Northern Ireland. With the Pound at an all time low, they are probably pretty reasonable.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I personally dislike the looks of the MEE enclosures.

I have a Curtis Cab that is great, but can see the legitimate concerns about pushing them out and back to open...and the extra width they take up because of that design.

In fact, going across the Morse bridge I always make sure that both doors are closed...because of that extra width.

My next car will have the two-piece hard shell that I've seen (not sure of the manufacturer), where the upper and lower door slide back inside a channel instead of going out and back...as that seems to solve the width issue.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A third option besides MEE and Curtis is the Sleekline Enclosure, I think they're about the same price as a Curtis Cab, which I believe is about $3,000 installed. If you're also trying to avoid The Villages Golf Cars, the Villages Discount Golf Car store on 466 just east of Morse has a big ad in the Sunday paper today that they are now installing Sleekline enclosures.

Village Discount Golf Car

The Villages Florida
Old 03-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
A third option besides MEE and Curtis is the Sleekline Enclosure, I think they're about the same price as a Curtis Cab, which I believe is about $3,000 installed. If you're also trying to avoid The Villages Golf Cars, the Villages Discount Golf Car store on 466 just east of Morse has a big ad in the Sunday paper today that they are now installing Sleekline enclosures.

Village Discount Golf Car

The Villages Florida
That's the one I was talking about in Post #6.

Those look nice.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
That's the one I was talking about in Post #6.

Those look nice.
Here's a MEE enclosure. I agree the Sleekline is nice looking, should be lighter than a Curtis and the MEE is not attractive at all.

Golf Cart Enclosures - MEE Inc Golf Car Covers

The Villages Florida
Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 PM

We love the Mee enclosure. So nice on a windy or cold day to close up the side the wind is coming on. No more getting wet in a quick shower. We had them drill a hole about 6 inches from the front so you can have the door partially open. Great on hot days acts like a/c with the back windows open. We sat one busy night at the square on the balcony of Cattlebaron and watched carts pull in next to a Curtis Cab cart. When the owners came back they couldn't open their doors to get in. Wasn't enough room on either side for the door to swing out. Made me realize how much room they would also take up in my garage. Also, no blind spots. We are very happy with our Mee doors, keep them lubed, no noises. Would definitely do them again!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

My friend has a Sleekline on her new cart. I loved the look, a bit claustrophobic but I could adjust. Much more attractive.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 PM

The Black Curtis enclosure makes me feel a bit Amish......
Old 07-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am satisfied with the zip up vinyl. It only gets cold for a few days a year and the vinyl is an adequate wind break. Ours fits nicely and covers where air and rain comes in.

Don't the more solid ones trap fumes inside?
Old 07-01-2017, 03:16 PM

I've had all the enclosures. By far Curtis Cab is the best. The last time I checked with the Villages, Curtis Cab has not developed one for the 2017. I'm sure they will. Again, Curtis Cab is number one!
Old 07-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Veteran member

One more type to consider.......Carts and Clubs makes a sunbrella enclosure that "slides" rather than "rolls". They are available on the newer carts. I will totally have this next cart I get. You pull them forward from the back and they velcro to a piece on the front. Easy peasy!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Closed Thread

Tags
mee, cart, enclosures, swing, likes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.