Who did you buy your Trojan batteries from?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Default Who did you buy your Trojan batteries from?

OK,...before I get a bunch of responses here from resellers of golf cart batteries trying to talk me into their favorite brand let me just say,....I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM DEALERS OR RESELLERS...I've used other batteries before and I'm going back to Trojans....I've already made that decision.

I know I can't keep dealers from responding on a public forum but at least I asked...

What I would like to know is:

Who are Villages residents buying their Trojan batteries from, and what was your experience in dealing with them?

I guess I have a tendency to believe an "end users" experience versus talk from a salesperson. Any Trojan buyers out there?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Eternal Member

Not sure what you are looking for after that definition.

BUT - the last time that I bought new batteries was about 7 years ago and I used Spano. From what I understand he still sells them.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Not sure what you are looking for after that definition.

BUT - the last time that I bought new batteries was about 7 years ago and I used Spano. From what I understand he still sells them.
Thanks,....I just want to hear from people that have bought them, and who they purchased them from,...I'm looking for a reputable dealer.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage

We just bought new 8-V Trojan T-875s from Battery Boys. My husband was very impressed with their service. You can also do a search on here for "Battery Boys" and read more comments. They did some extra things...cleanup etc. but I don't know what things, as I'm not into golf carts. If you'd like more particulars I'll ask him and we'll pm you.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graytop View Post
OK,...before I get a bunch of responses here from resellers of golf cart batteries trying to talk me into their favorite brand let me just say,....I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM DEALERS OR RESELLERS...I've used other batteries before and I'm going back to Trojans....I've already made that decision.

I know I can't keep dealers from responding on a public forum but at least I asked...

What I would like to know is:

Who are Villages residents buying their Trojan batteries from, and what was your experience in dealing with them?

I guess I have a tendency to believe an "end users" experience versus talk from a salesperson. Any Trojan buyers out there?
Raytop: Just curious what other batteries did you use and why didn't you like them? I had two sets of Trojans and the first set didn't last 1.5 years. the second were faulty, battery posts pulled right out of battery core and even after a repair didn't hold a long charge So my repaur guy replaced with powertron which for the last two years are going strong?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Sage

I recently used Spano to replace a pack of T890s. My choice was based on price for the 890s, I have used Battery Boys or Spano in the past to replace my batteries, this time it just came down to the pricing of the 890s (Spano was $70+ cheaper than anyone else I found).

With this recent pack, I checked the voltage of each battery after they were installed before they were charged for the first time and found one less than 8.00 volts. After several charges it would not come up to the full 8.49.

I called and they replaced no questions asked.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM

I found Scott (small ad in the Daily Sun's Classified section - Golf Cart Sales) to have the best price for new 2012 Trojan batteries. He comes right to your home to put them in.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM

Have used Spano for the past 12 years. Batteries and service Excellent
Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 PM

Battery Boys - excellent service, and a good price on a 48v BatteryMINDer
Old 03-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Default Thank you for your input!

Thanks to all who replied,...your input is appreciated and has helped me make a decision....
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

I bought a set a year ago from Ken Spano for my Club Car (T875s) and have been happy with price, installation and personalities. I am having them install a set tomorrow in my Streetrod (T890s). For my money they have the best price in town on Trojans.
Good luck,
Old 03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

My husband used Spano and was very pleased with them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.