Need a golf cart rental.

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Default Need a golf cart rental.

Hello.

I'll be in the village of Caroline in April and would like to rent a golf cart for about two weeks.

I know about the rental places in the squares but would like to know if there are any private parties also renting.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Sage

Probably would be best to rent from The Villages Golf Cart store. True, their carts are slow. There have been lots of posts here recently regarding golf cart insurance for renters and if a private golf cart is covered. Some say yes, some say no. In my opinion, a wise cart owner would not take a chance and rent his cart out - and possibly find himself at the short end of the liability stick if there was an accident and the insurance company would not pay. The entire life's worth of earning a wonderful retirement would be gone with the wind.

There is also the possibility a golf cart renter might be pulled over for speeding. Once again, the cart owner would have to pay the hefty fine.

Just my viewpoints.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I wouldn't go with a private individual -- if something goes wrong the cart, you're out of luck. Check with Jim Followell -- great guy, good carts, reasonable rates.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM

We rented privately 2 times, once last November and once November of '09, both times from the same guy. We just needed one week both times for guests, so we got a 4 passenger gas cart for $90/week. Found him in the classified section of newspaper. His # is 352-259-3138. We had no trouble at all. Would use him again, nice guy named Mike.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.