Problems with E-Z-Go 2009 RXV

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 AM

Ouch, I really hate reading this. Picked up my new 2011 RXV one month ago. First time the charge indicator went from 1/2 to zero I headed straight home and called ACG. Fellow came out, removed the 'new' program fix that ezgo had sent out and reinstalled the old program. Then tested all the batteries and said they were bad. Call his boss who said no - the batteries needed to be seasoned (charged a certain # of times). Well yesterday we went from 1/2 to zero and we were farther from home. Ended up walking the last half mile. Starting to sound like getting a group of owners together to form a large sqeeking wheel may be a good idea?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoseman View Post
What ever happened to that cart fixer guy...that guy was really knowledgeable and hasn't been around in a while? He apparently has been banned from this board (couldn't type his name correctly) so sorry I asked.
As mentioned, he is doing business in TV area. He also answers questions online at the Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Forum, http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/phpBB2/
Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Eternal Member

I notice that everyone is talking about AGC (Advantage Golf Cars). Has anyone purchased a cart from Town and Country which I understand is an EZGO dealer and had a problem?

Also, what happened to the EZGO place that was in that shopping mall across from from Crisper's in Summer Trace?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

I have a 2010 EZGO and have had no problems with it. Bought it at Town and Country. I remember being told that we wouldn't get the maximum mileage from it until after 60 charges. It was true.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM

I have a 2010 EZ Go I bought at Town and Country. In just over a year I have had it in twice with the same problem. Once it dropped from 1/2 to zero with no warning and the other time from 1/4 to zero, no warning. They changed a "filter" both times which had something to do with the computer if I understand it correctly that should prevent the problem. I'm hoping this time it will. One good thing is the guys at T&C are real helpful and quick responding to any problem. Hopefully EZ Go has finally fixed this filter or computer problem.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Platinum member

We also purchased a 2010 RXV from T&C in March 2010, and have never had any problems with our golf cart.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Bosoxfan

I bought my 2010 from T & C and have had similar problems.They just recently replaced one of the batteries.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Again last week my 2010 EZ Go went from 1/2 to zero. This time they changed a battery. So the "filter" has been changed twice and a battery once. This cart is exactly one year old. I don't have a good feeling about this. I just can't trust the cart anymore. Thinking of trading it in for a Yamaha gas with hopes that the gas cart doesn't smell or run too slowly. Probably take a beating on a trade in but piece of mind and reliability are important to me.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron56 View Post
Again last week my 2010 EZ Go went from 1/2 to zero. This time they changed a battery. So the "filter" has been changed twice and a battery once. This cart is exactly one year old. I don't have a good feeling about this. I just can't trust the cart anymore. Thinking of trading it in for a Yamaha gas with hopes that the gas cart doesn't smell or run too slowly. Probably take a beating on a trade in but piece of mind and reliability are important to me.
For a 2010 I would make a guess of around $5k is what you might get for a trade. We toyed with the idea of trading our E-Z-GO electric and talked to AGC but their offer was insulting while their competition were willing to give more on a trade. Hate to lose the money but if the batteries go again then that is it.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
My Yamaha gas rarely smells because the tailpipe was extended by the dealer to vent out to the side and back. I also usually pass most electric carts, especially up hill. Usually put about 3 1/2 gals in it after about about 150 miles.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Default Is there still a problem with EzGO Rxv's

Do the 2010 and later models still have battery and electrical problems. I read in another thread on this forum, that the RXVs were more powerful for the hills that are around, so was considering it as a candidate for our first cart when we move here in mid Feb. Stay away from them?

Tony
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Default E-Z-GO Problems

I purchased in E-Z-Go March 09. Was running fine. Suddenly in Sept 09 the problems started. I was getting no more than 20-25 miles on a charge. Had to replace the #1 battery. Jan 2010, replaced another battery and converter. Feb 2010 replaced another battery. May 2010 replaced the s.o.c. meter. Nov 2010 replaced the #4 battery. Now its Dec 2010 and my s.o.c. meter registers empty only after 15 miles. Could someone please tell me who could fix my problem? Obviously AGC can't.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 PM

I don't know what to suggest. I bought the RXV new in the fall of 2008 and have been pleased with it since. It is as fast or faster than most other makes as it comes from the factory and does not slow down going up hills.
The original state of charge meter was staying on full forever and then suddenly dropping rapidly once the charge was nearly depleted. That was replaced a year ago and now gives a reasonable reading on charge from full to empty. The headlights were originally set up to draw from one of the batteries so night driving quickly led to an imbalance between the batteries which seemed to reduce distance significantly. It now has a voltage converter which draws from the full set of the batteries and provides 12v to the lights.
I've also added an odometer to help me calibrate how far I have left on a charge. I still get somewhere over 40 miles on a charge although they advertise 60 - which I doubt anyone really gets.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
There was a software upgrade on the 2008 EZGOs to change the behavior of the guage going from 1/2 to zero quickly. I never had the problem but a neighbor who drives his a lot farther than I did was having that problem. Now it drops slowly and he knows if he can make it home.

Maybe there is an upgrade for the 2010 carts?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:19 PM

And this is one of the reasons I love TOTV!

We have been looking at new golf carts, but decided we wanted to take a test drive in an E-Z-Go before making any decision. I think we'll scratch that off the list now.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.