Seat belts - Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 AM

We're looking for someone who can install a good set of retractable seat belts in our golf cart. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any thoughts on harness seat belts vs lap seat belts?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Veteran member

A word of caution to those of u who have ur non retractable seat belts bolted to the plywood under ur front seat. Not only would the screws in the plywood not hold in the event of a head on collision, but more importantly in a head on ur body would go forward lifting up the front seat similiar to when u lift the seat to put gas in. In effect, the belt would therefore do absolutely nothing to stop ur forward momentum. Don't even bother using them. It is not even a case of something is better than nothing. They r absolutely useless. Get retractables and have them bolted to the cart frame
Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Default Seat belts - golf carts

I used
Name: AAA GOLF CARTS
Owner: Larry Newman
Phone: 352-572-3090
352-288-1192 Office) (M-F 8-5)
Old 07-26-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browen View Post
I used
Name: AAA GOLF CARTS
Owner: Larry Newman
Phone: 352-572-3090
352-288-1192 Office) (M-F 8-5)
We used AAA Golf Carts also for retractable seat belts. Happy with service, quiet man does not say much just does his job.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:11 PM

Ive paid attention to some of these seat belt installations. I agree, that bolted to the underside of the seat will do nothing in the event of a collision. But have you seen the aluminum angle just bolted to the seat back brace? I think they are being installed for 125 dollars. In the event of an accident, the aluminum angle is just going to break off. I think it is crazy that you are going to trust your safety to the cheapest installation of seat belts in your cart. How many of us have headlights on our carts that really don't do much? But our carts have headlights, they may not work well but we have them. Same will be true with seat belts installed incorrectly only you will find out they don't work when you need them most. For me, I wouldn't be looking for the cheapest set of seat belts installed, but the best installed set of seat belts.
Can you imagine if the automobile manufacturers just bolted a set of seat belts in the car and said "well, your car has seat belts, but we don't know if they are gonna work in an accident"
My safety is important.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.