Setting the speed code on Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Default Setting the speed code on Club Car

Does anyone know where I can get the speed code changed to #4 in or near TV? I have a Club Car 2002 IQ and I am tired of being passed by old ladies on roller skates. I recently found out in www.Buggiesgornwild that there are 4 speed settings in these club cars and they ship them set on the lowest number.
They have to be programmed by a dealer and there is a charge to set it to #4 (19 MPH) so I would like to know who the closest dealer is that can do this. Also, has anyone had it done and what did it cost?
Thanks, Bill
Duval & Blackstone, MA
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Two choices

AAA golf Carts know ust as much about club cars than any dealer around and will come out to your home.

OR Cartworld which is located on Highway 441/27.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Platinum member

Have you checked the forums at buggiesunlimited.com? You can usually get an answer to any question you have.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Default speed code 4

I have designed a /2 circuit with switch that allows you to select between mode 2 or 3, and mode 4 without programming you can build it for less than $30 its on the golfcartforum I can't post link yet so its .com I will assist you any way I can the schematic is posted there.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage

One other option is Speedylink. They are a sponsor at this site and can be found here: http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/

I have only read about their product, I have no direct experience. They sell a device which fools the speed sensor in the controller allowing the cart to get up to 19-20'ish although GolfCart's solution sounds like more fun as you can build it yourself

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild.com, but I can no longer find it.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Default Speed Controller on Club Car

Don't use Steve Golf Cart Repair!! Beware!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
One other option is Speedylink. They are a sponsor at this site and can be found here: http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/

I have only read about their product, I have no direct experience. They sell a device which fools the speed sensor in the controller allowing the cart to get up to 19-20'ish although GolfCart's solution sounds like more fun as you can build it yourself

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild.com, but I can no longer find it.

Does speedylink work on a 2003 gas Club Car?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Does speedylink work on a 2003 gas Club Car?
No. It is designed for electric Club Car IQ models.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Default Speed unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild, but I can no longer find it.

I am the one who designed this DIY circuit and I deleted it from BGW, If you interested in building one I will be more than happy to assist you.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCart View Post
[/U]

I am the one who designed this DIY circuit and I deleted it from BGW, If you interested in building one I will be more than happy to assist you.
I would like to build this unit PM me
Gerry
Old 08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Default / by two

Ok here is the schematic this circuit takes in 2 pulses and puts out 1 it is a
/ by 2 setup and will allow speeds of 18 to 21 mph on a stock cart. This circuit is different in the fact that I installed a switch to allow switching between stock and speed mode. Where I live I'm on a hill going down is tricky when in speed mode You Flat Fly no Regen breaking !! so if there are no hills then just forget the switch. I made mine with the stock plugs that the speed sensor has so I (could umm) plug it into a golf cart at the course. Later I just inserted it into the three wire harness in the center control box it was not covered bare board so weather was a factor. I made the test unit on a R.S. circuit board.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Default / by two

Well it looks as though I can't post attachments, or links so ????
Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Default Old ladies on roller skates Awful comment

WOW!!!! That was not a very nice comment - talking about woman like that. What about OLD MEN?????
Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana18 View Post
WOW!!!! That was not a very nice comment - talking about woman like that. What about OLD MEN?????
Nana18..I don't know anything about old woman on roller skates but I can tell you it seems women have more energy and are having more fun at MVP Sports. I looked in on one group exercise and was aghast at how these women were kicking up the heels. i turned to my daughter who was visitng and asked her why it alwaysa appeared that womaen have more fun exercising then men and she deadpaned because their women?????????? A conspiracy me thinks
Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana18 View Post
Lets look at this through another set of eyes!!

your riding your golf cart and along comes this older women, very fit riding on roller skates, as she passes, she turns and skates backwards smiling then just skates off.

Now Nasty

your riding in your golf cart and along comes a old man riding roller skates really tight and short shorts no shirt with patches of hair all over his back making cat calls at you.

you take you pick on what is worse !!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.