» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Setting the speed code on Club Car
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Setting the speed code on Club Car

Does anyone know where I can get the speed code changed to #4 in or near TV? I have a Club Car 2002 IQ and I am tired of being passed by old ladies on roller skates. I recently found out in www.Buggiesgornwild that there are 4 speed settings in these club cars and they ship them set on the lowest number.
They have to be programmed by a dealer and there is a charge to set it to #4 (19 MPH) so I would like to know who the closest dealer is that can do this. Also, has anyone had it done and what did it cost?
Thanks, Bill
Duval & Blackstone, MA

Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage

Two choices

AAA golf Carts know ust as much about club cars than any dealer around and will come out to your home.

OR Cartworld which is located on Highway 441/27.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Gold member

Have you checked the forums at buggiesunlimited.com? You can usually get an answer to any question you have.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM

Default speed code 4

I have designed a /2 circuit with switch that allows you to select between mode 2 or 3, and mode 4 without programming you can build it for less than $30 its on the golfcartforum I can't post link yet so its .com I will assist you any way I can the schematic is posted there.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

One other option is Speedylink. They are a sponsor at this site and can be found here: http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/

I have only read about their product, I have no direct experience. They sell a device which fools the speed sensor in the controller allowing the cart to get up to 19-20'ish although GolfCart's solution sounds like more fun as you can build it yourself

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild.com, but I can no longer find it.
Speed Controller on Club Car
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 AM

Default Speed Controller on Club Car

Don't use Steve Golf Cart Repair!! Beware!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
One other option is Speedylink. They are a sponsor at this site and can be found here: http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/

I have only read about their product, I have no direct experience. They sell a device which fools the speed sensor in the controller allowing the cart to get up to 19-20'ish although GolfCart's solution sounds like more fun as you can build it yourself

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild.com, but I can no longer find it.

Does speedylink work on a 2003 gas Club Car?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Does speedylink work on a 2003 gas Club Car?
No. It is designed for electric Club Car IQ models.
Sponsored Links
Speed unit
Old 08-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Default Speed unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post

There used to be a link to a schematic to build your own speedylink on buggiesgonewild, but I can no longer find it.

I am the one who designed this DIY circuit and I deleted it from BGW, If you interested in building one I will be more than happy to assist you.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCart View Post
[/U]

I am the one who designed this DIY circuit and I deleted it from BGW, If you interested in building one I will be more than happy to assist you.
I would like to build this unit PM me
Gerry