Star Golf Carts?

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I am confused. The only STAR golf cart business that I was aware of is in Best Buy Plaza. Is there another or new STAR dealer?
same place...different owners. I think they go by the name of Tradewinds now.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM

Hey Golfcartguy, do you or anybody else have any experience with the Tyger Carts?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Default star carts listed with seniors vs. crime

We have a star cart bought here at tradewinds golf cart. This is the 3rd owner in a year and a half. Bob Shultz and his wife run the franchise here at the villages. The service is extreamly poor. They will never provide a work order of what was done or show used parts. They will deiny warranty coverage. Bob Shultz is extreamly unproffesional calling your home and cursing at my wife. Do not buy or do business with them. Our cart has been in the shop more than on the road. Call Seniors vs. crime to get a report on them.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobefrog View Post
We have a star cart bought here at tradewinds golf cart. This is the 3rd owner in a year and a half. Bob Shultz and his wife run the franchise here at the villages. The service is extremely poor. They will never provide a work order of what was done or show used parts. They will deny warranty coverage. Bob Shultz is extremely unprofessional calling your home and cursing at my wife. Do not buy or do business with them. Our cart has been in the shop more than on the road. Call Seniors vs. crime to get a report on them.
I find this kind of funny. I'm in the Tradewind showroom at least once a week. The staff makes you feel like your part of the family. They also have two adorable puppies that run to greet you as soon as you step in. As for service, I will repeat myself. The service guys are prompt and courteous. I have never had an issue with the service dept. Ive requested to have my old parts that were replaced before and was not turned down. As for being denied coverage, was your warranty out??? Its 2 years, bumper to bumper. You cant expect to have things replaced past warranty. As for LIGHT BULBS and things of that nature, that's on you, whether your warranty is up or not. Some people need to quit expecting something for nothing. Golf Cart companies have to make money too. I know Mr. SCHULTZ fairly well. We play golf from time to time. I find it hard to believe he cursed your wife. Its crazy how we live in such a "LAWLESS" world were people bash each other and/or companies because assume they've been done an injustice.

Sincerely,
(Proud to put my name on this) J. Smith
Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 PM

We weren't even told this cart was made in China? Cart delivered on MOnday -5/21 & already been back for service 3 times! The problem we are having is the cart surges - will not run smoothly, constantly seems to stop & then restart? Any advice on how to fix this? I'm not sure we can force them to take the cart back at this point although we are ready to try! Thanks for your help.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM

I am not sure what kind of car you are talking about, but if you call me I am sure I can help.

If you say you just had it delivered on Monday I don't think we did it but would glad to come out and see what we can do for you.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcartguy View Post
I thank everyone who thanked me for my knowledge. I will never let any so called "know it alls" who likely know nothing about golf carts discourage me from giving anyone my input. I will help any way I can to Make sure people are informed. Im sure none of you worked your whole lives to waste your hard earned money. Anyhow, As far as carts going 60 miles per charge other than Par-Cars, It can be done to Club Cars. I have personally done it to I think 10 now. They aproach upwards of 70 miles per charge. The will do this because they are much lighter then Par-Cars since the have all aluminum frames where Par-Cars are all steel. I actually cut the middle Battery tray completely out, Custom build an all aluminum battery box to hold the extra batteries and weld it all up in the carts frame just like it was manufactured that way.
How can I get in touch with you to discuss getting this work and some other work done to my cart? If I could get 60-70 miles per charge, I would be thrilled. I have a 2002 Club Car. Please PM me or send me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
How can I get in touch with you to discuss getting this work and some other work done to my cart? If I could get 60-70 miles per charge, I would be thrilled. I have a 2002 Club Car. Please PM me or send me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com
Serious doubts that you'll hear back from him, Winston. He has only 3 posts to his credit and they were all in this thread..............from the fall of 2009.

You might see if his User CP is set up to be able to send him something via e-mail on the chance that he's still using the same e-mail address.

Bill
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Serious doubts that you'll hear back from him, Winston. He has only 3 posts to his credit and they were all in this thread..............from the fall of 2009.

You might see if his User CP is set up to be able to send him something via e-mail on the chance that he's still using the same e-mail address.

Bill
Thanks, Bill. I didn't notice that his posts were that old.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Thanks, Bill. I didn't notice that his posts were that old.
No problem-o!

Bill
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Veteran member

We have friends who have a street legal Star gold cart. They have decided to get rid of it. They said the insurance is very high, about $600/year. Also, once you register your cart as street legal, you can't change your mind and unregister it from street legal. And, they said the person who works on them doesn't carry a huge supply of parts on his truck, so parts have to be ordered, which takes a couple weeks. I'm sure you will research fully and make your own decision, just giving you facts from someone we know who has one.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Default Star Golf Cart Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by florlrl View Post
Hi all and I'd like your help!

We are new to TV and contemplating the street legal Star Cart as the tax credit that they offer is $5335. Our tax person said we'd qualify for the tax credit and Star has a letter from the Treasury Dept stating that they qualify for this credit in that amount. Is anyone familiar with Star? I don't see too many models in TV and I would appreciate an update on customer satisfaction. Thanks very much for your help.
To many problems, hard to find parts, metal parts rust, plastic windshield start to spilt, lights dim and now went completely out. Think problem is 36 to 12 volt converter. Unless they have improved over the last 3 years I would not recommend. Hard to find dealers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.