Yellow light comes on? Charging?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts
Default Yellow light comes on? Charging?

The batteries in my cart are about a year old (4 X 12).
When I disconnect the charger the yellow dash light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. It has not been doing this until recently. Cart still seems to perform normally.

Also, these new batteries seem to bubble much more than the old batteries whether charging or not but connected to the charger. I do not over fill but still have the tops of the batteries wet from the bubbling/charging.

Comments/recommendations appreciated.

btk
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Sage

/* Alan is not a professional cart fixer, just a DIY guy, so caveat reader */

I do not have a dash light in my carts. Here is what I have read on the subject as it would relate to my carts. Keep in mind these carts are Club Car DS, 48 volt (6-8v).

The light being on indicates the batteries have received an incomplete charge for one of the following reasons:
  • DC power cord was disconnected
  • AC power cord was disconnected
  • charger shut off after 16 hours, but charge not complete
  • charger malfunctions

More detail
  • Light will not come on if pack is charged more than 90%
  • If charger is prematurely unplugged, light will illuminate for 10 seconds IF the cart is not at 90% charge, BUT it has enough charge for 36 holes.
  • Light will stay on if the charger has shut off after 16 hours
  • Light will stay on if DC cord is plugged in AND AC cord is unplugged while charging. The light will go out when the AC is plugged back in.

Any of that help?

Not sure on the bubbling over. You have confirmed water level 1/4 inch below bottom of the fill well? Do they all bubble out, or just one?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.