LSVs restricted on some golf courses?

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Gold member
Default LSVs restricted on some golf courses?

In reading this forum I have never seen anyone say anything about LSVs being restricted from some golf courses. However, a neighbor has said that he "heard" of some restrictions on some of the courses. This doesn't sound right to me, but I figured that I would ask the all-knowing TOTV community directly: are you aware of any restrictions on LSVs for any of the TV golf courses?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

There is a restriction regarding the tires on a cart. On one of the District web pages there is a listing of acceptable tires. I think this has to do with outlawing the use of off the road type ATV tires that can be put on a cart.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

To find our the answer call Country Club Administration at 753-3396.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
There is a restriction regarding the tires on a cart. On one of the District web pages there is a listing of acceptable tires. I think this has to do with outlawing the use of off the road type ATV tires that can be put on a cart.
I was thinking that this may be the issue as well. I know that when we looked at the Par Car LSV that it had some tires that the sales guy said were automobile tires (while large for a golf cart, they seemed pretty small for an automobile, however). He claimed that they would wear much better on road use than typical golf cart tires. While they looked pretty snazzy, I wonder if they would be allowed on the golf courses. So, perhaps the restriction is not on LSVs per se, but on the tires that some LSVs come equipped with.

Bogie Shooter, thanks for the number to call. I'll give them a call on Monday.

Last edited by NJblue; 09-06-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

In addition to the tire requirements, LSVs also have a weight limit. If you ever see some of the very large monsters roaming the Villages, you can understand why the courses should not want them on the courses. I quote from the 2009 Villages Telephone Book 'Low Speed Vehicles (LSV) must comply with tire standards of the USPGA of having turf tires (wider and smoother) rather than road tires. The vehicle weight must not exceed 1,500 pounds curb weight, and must switch to turf speed anytime they are on any golf cart trail or course.' Wonder how many LSVs comply with the above.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.