Kitten for adoption

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Default Kitten for adoption

I found a 4-5 month old grey tabby kitten at Colony Plaza today and s/he is now on my lanai. He was lying in front of one of the stores at Colony and is extremely affectionate, which is why I brought him home figuring that Pet Lover's Rescue would take him. Unfortuately, they don't have room for him, nor does Wildwood cat ranch.

My husband is very allergic and so we cannot bring him inside our home. I would hate to have to bring him back to Colony where he would no doubt get hit by a car. Anyone????

Thanks,

Karen

Last edited by tropicalkaren; 01-28-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: add phone number: 430-1386
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 AM

Try:
Sumter Humane Society (352) 793-9117
Marion Humane Society (352) 873-7387
Maxine's Pet Connection 352-669-2855

Or call a local vet office to see if you could drop there for a shelter to pick up...maybe Paws.

Try to keep her warm till Monday
Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Veteran member

Let's keep the post alive and maybe someone will read it and have room for the little critter. for not ignoring him and bringing him to safety.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Default kitten

I have received no help from all the local shelters, all who say they are full. Tomorrow I will call Paws Animal Hospital to see if I pay for him to be neutered and immunized that they might be able to get him adopted out. This kitten even uses the kitty litter. I wonder if he was abandoned from someone's home rather than being feral.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalkaren View Post
I found a 4-5 month old grey tabby kitten at Colony Plaza today and s/he is now on my lanai. He was lying in front of one of the stores at Colony and is extremely affectionate, which is why I brought him home figuring that Pet Lover's Rescue would take him. Unfortuately, they don't have room for him, nor does Wildwood cat ranch.

My husband is very allergic and so we cannot bring him inside our home. I would hate to have to bring him back to Colony where he would no doubt get hit by a car. Anyone????

Thanks,

Karen
Little homeless guys do grow on you. My wife and I always had two non-shedding dogs. When we rescued our kitties from a no chance of survival situation, my wife, who was extremely allergic to cat dander, contacted a wonderful allergist. After testing, and treatment, she no longer has problems with our guys, it was worth the testing and treatment. Not saying this is an option for you, but just wanted you to know what worked for us. The vet trip should increase their chances for a home. You are doing great things!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalkaren View Post
I have received no help from all the local shelters, all who say they are full. Tomorrow I will call Paws Animal Hospital to see if I pay for him to be neutered and immunized that they might be able to get him adopted out. This kitten even uses the kitty litter. I wonder if he was abandoned from someone's home rather than being feral.

He doesn't sound like a feral cat to me and we have fed many feral cats.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Veteran member

Keep us up to date on his progress.....
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Dancing Thyme

I have a friend who has a horse rescue farm in Weirsdale and he rescued almost all the kittens that were born outside of Havana CC. I'm returning to TV next week, and I'm sure he will take him for you. give me a few days after I return to coordinate this. if you will, remind me with a PM in case I forget. thanks.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Default kitten

Thanks so much! I am bringing him to the Vet today to have immunizations done. Will have him neutered in the next couple of days.

This is not a feral cat. He uses the litter box and would make someone a loving pet. I am still hoping for a home for him, but the horse farm would be a great last resort. Please contact me when you get back.

I would love to keep him, but my husband has asthma along with cat allergies and we just cannot.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Default kitten

I tried to get a photo of the kitten here but couldn't.

Last edited by tropicalkaren; 01-31-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Sage

Bump
Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Default kitten

So I took him to the vet today. He is actually 10 months old based on his teeth and weighs 10 lbs. He is feline leukemia negative. He will be neutered tomorrow (Tues.), immunized, and treated for ear mites and fleas but he is otherwise very healthy. They feel he is not a feral cat but probably had an owner early on as he is litter trained and friendly. He fell asleep on the vet's scale while we waited to be seen. He was purring and very relaxed and will definitely be a lap cat.

Anyway, I will call more places tomorrow to try to get him placed. I really don't think he will make it in the long run if he is left free but I am running out of places to try.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:39 AM

I have a lap cat and they make wonderful pets. The fact that the kitten is free and immunized and defleaed is a great bargain for anyone seeking a buddy. Hope he gets a very good home. And btw, you are a saint for taking care of this kitty and also for trying to find him a home.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM

Is it the white cat with tan tail staying at Paws? Very very cute if it is!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

Keep the post alive until he finds a home...it worked several weeks back for another kitty.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.