Jon Snow lives!

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default Jon Snow lives!

Well at least the dog called that.

Now if Jon Snow the Game of Thrones character lives, you will have to watch the HBO series. No spoilers here.

That's why this is in the All about Pets section.

Does anyone else have a dog or cat named after a character in a movie, book, play, or from history??

I have met a Boo Radley after To Kill a Mockingbird. He was/is owned by the former Villages Daily Sun reporter Gary Corsair and his wife Gwen.

I had a Snoopy as a first dog after the Charles Schulz Peanuts character. Charles M. Schulz Museum | Official Website

And I know a Bo Derelict which is a funny play on the name of Bo Derek and the dog's walking abilities. And a Welsh Terrier named Raquel another owner with a sense of humor.

Jon Snow is a chihuahua/terrier mix and lives up to his namesake owned by a nice family I am acquainted with from one of the Villages' dog parks. I show up at just about all of the Villages' area dog parks from time-to-time.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-03-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Well at least the dog called that.

Now if Jon Snow the Game of Thrones character lives, you will have to watch the HBO series. No spoilers here.

That's why this is in the All about Pets section.

Does anyone else have a dog or cat named after a character in a movie, book, play, or from history??

I have met a Boo Radley after To Kill a Mockingbird. He was/is owned by the former Villages Daily Sun reporter Gary Corsair and his wife Gwen.

I had a Snoopy as a first dog after the Charles Schulz Peanuts character. Charles M. Schulz Museum | Official Website

And I know a Bo Derelict which is a funny play on the name of Bo Derek and the dog's walking abilities. And a Welsh Terrier named Raquel another owner with a sense of humor.

Jon Snow is a chihuahua/terrier mix and lives up to his namesake owned by a nice family I am acquainted with from one of the Villages' dog parks. I show up at just about all of the Villages' area dog parks from time-to-time.
Beau came with his name from Max's Pet Connection and the foster care people who had him. Did not want to confuse the little guy so it stuck.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

My son named one of my rescues "Gambit" after one of the X-men. I usually keep the name they are used to by Gambit's name in rescue was Uno and we felt he needed something better. My other, Milo, was also from Max's pet connection and I kept the name, for the same reason as above. My son named his cat, Echo after one of the raptors in the latest Jurassic Park movie.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
My son named one of my rescues "Gambit" after one of the X-men. I usually keep the name they are used to by Gambit's name in rescue was Uno and we felt he needed something better. My other, Milo, was also from Max's pet connection and I kept the name, for the same reason as above. My son named his cat, Echo after one of the raptors in the latest Jurassic Park movie.
Echo. I like that. Blue was another one. Blue - Jurassic Park wiki - Wikia

I have known a few dogs named Blue but the name could come from any number of origins.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage

Met an Ajax and an Artemis over the last eight months or so. These are from Greek mythology/history. Very nice dogs.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:27 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Great piece Tal, Jon snow is alive but was dead and left for that dark place and returned . but did he come back with his soul intact?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Sage
Default Tom Snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Great piece Tal, Jon snow is alive but was dead and left for that dark place and returned . but did he come back with his soul intact?

Not so funny twist to this. While at the University of Nevada, Reno I hung out with an older Vietnam Veteran who was a fellow Philosophy Major and an avid student of Spanish. He loved the ladies as well but a little too much and was often trying to get me in trouble.

The man was/is Tom Snow.

He attempted to pick up a woman near the Mustang Ranch. Odd choice but it sounds like there is a bar or something out that way and the woman was married. Tom Snow received a number of stab wounds to the chest area much like Jon Snow. The EMTs declared him dead on lengthy trip back to the hospital but he was revived at some point after six minutes or so.

Not sure about the exact details of all this.

Tom mended slowly and came back to his Philosophy courses but had lost his Spanish.

We saw the first Raiders of the Lost Ark at a Reno, Nevada theater on Virginia Street-- the domed one-- and up came Indiana facing a sword welding villain. I had thought this would scare Tom Snow but he thought it hilarious when Indiana Jones took out the pistol and shot the man doing the sword tricks. Raiders of the Lost Ark*(1981) - Rotten Tomatoes

I popped into Tom Snow's apartment one day later on and he seemed like he was in a hurry to get me to leave. At the door knocking not soon after my arrival was one of the most attractive woman I have met in my life. But she says something about her husband when Tom Snow introduces us and then politely suggests that I should leave.

Tom Snow often had love letters from various smitten UNR undergrads and would sometimes correct their grammar and then send them back to them as a way of discouraging them.

He would show me some of these.

The jury found for the jealous husband given the weird circumstances which really angered at least one of the Philosophy Professors I shared with Tom Snow.

The Philosophy Professor found my re-actions to the jury findings a little cold so I got a little upset and mentioned my experiences with the 2-24-1976 Michelle Mitchell murder. I was being irrational but I did not want to bring up that Tom Snow was again hanging around with married women.

I lost touch with Tom Snow after leaving to go to the University of Denver and my parents moved to Scottsdale, AZ shortly after I graduated from the University of Denver Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management (May 1984).

In the Summer of 1989, I walked out of the American Association of Law Libraries convention at Bally's Reno Grand Sierra Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where Gail Daly introduced me as the cataloger of all the WESTLAW files for a National Project in conjunction with a group of people at SUNY Buffalo who were doing LEXIS. I had just graduated from the U of MN Law School in May of 1989. I re-lived my many memories of Reno, Nevada and walked probably 4 miles to the domed theater on Virginia where I had seen Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Snow. This time it was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and who would be exited the theater while I am coming in but another University of Nevada, Reno Philosophy Professor. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade*(1989) - Rotten Tomatoes I did walk back to the law library convention to continue meeting law librarians.
AALL

This trip to Reno, Nevada in 1989 also fueled my obsession with having to do something about the niche in information in libraries of all kinds for survivors/victims of crimes. This is my 224 613 Project. Google Taltarzac725 for more details.

I saw the second Indiana Jones movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with an adorable Chinese-American fellow University of Denver Graduate Library Student Maida Lin who was a good friend while I was at Denver but was in love with a budding screen writer. I do not know what happened with Maida Lin's eventual husband's movie writing career. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom*(1984) - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull*(2008) - Rotten Tomatoes Saw this one in the Villages, FL.

I do think of Tom Snow every time I see the pooch Jon Snow (love that dog) as well as when I see the TV series character Jon Snow.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Great story
Old 05-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Great story
The New Orleans and San Francisco Law Library conventions in 1991 and 1992 were very interesting to say the least and both cemented my need to do something about the niche in practical information for survivors/victims of crimes. The 1990 Summer Minneapolis Law Library convention was pretty non-eventful after the 1989 Reno Summer one.

I took one approach of walking my dog Amber around the movie production company trailers at the Red Lion Inn which was just across the Fairway from where we lived in Rohnert Park, CA. This was on-an-off from early 1992 through 1996. I did have some nice talks with some people near the Red Lion Inn but none of these were names anyone would recognize and I had hoped all the letters I had sent out from the Spring of 1991 forward would have made my story well known of the blacklisted WESTLAW cataloger. Blacklisted because I wanted to make criticisms of the holdings of libraries across the country which would meet the needs of survivors/victims of crimes to practical information. This was based on my personal experiences from February 1976 onward with the Michelle Mitchell murder investigation and not some academic discussion about the US Constitution and other laws.

And then came the 1995 movie Outbreak which may or may not have been a breakthrough. Outbreak*(1995) - Rotten Tomatoes I believed it was though at that time and it lit a fire for me.

My dogs like Amber below have provided a very urgently needed source of stress relief in all this.
The Villages Florida

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-07-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage
Default Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot!!

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot*(1992) - Rotten Tomatoes

Rumor in Rohnert Park in 1991 was that Sylvester Stallone snuck into the Red Lion Inn back then by wearing Nun's Outfit. He would have been a pretty big nun though. The movie trailers would be for the stars and others once they got to the set. Many films were/are made in the Santa Rosa, CA area.

I would see these movie trailers a few times a year about 100 yards out our back door. And Amber and I needed walks a few times a day. As does Beau now.

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot is one of the worst movies I have ever seen IMHO.

Quote:
The New Orleans and San Francisco Law Library conventions in 1991 and 1992 were very interesting to say the least and both cemented my need to do something about the niche in practical information for survivors/victims of crimes. The 1990 Summer Minneapolis Law Library convention was pretty non-eventful after the 1989 Reno Summer one.

I took one approach of walking my dog Amber around the movie production company trailers at the Red Lion Inn which was just across the Fairway from where we lived in Rohnert Park, CA. This was on-an-off from early 1992 through 1996. I did have some nice talks with some people near the Red Lion Inn but none of these were names anyone would recognize and I had hoped all the letters I had sent out from the Spring of 1991 forward would have made my story well known of the blacklisted WESTLAW cataloger. Blacklisted because I wanted to make criticisms of the holdings of libraries across the country which would meet the needs of survivors/victims of crimes to practical information. This was based on my personal experiences from February 1976 onward with the Michelle Mitchell murder investigation and not some academic discussion about the US Constitution and other laws.

And then came the 1995 movie Outbreak which may or may not have been a breakthrough. Outbreak*(1995) - Rotten Tomatoes I believed it was though at that time and it lit a fire for me.

My dogs like Amber below have provided a very urgently needed source of stress relief in all this.
The Villages Florida
Old 05-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Sage

Good episode of HBOs Game of Thrones tonight and pets do play a part in it.

No spoilers though for a few days if I can help it.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good episode of HBOs Game of Thrones tonight and pets do play a part in it.

No spoilers though for a few days if I can help it.

Click on direwolves if you have seen the latest Game of Thrones episode--

Direwolves - Game of Thrones Wiki - Wikia
Closed Thread

Tags
character, dog, jon, lives, snow, mockingbird, owned, was/is, play, kill, history, met, boo, radley, reporter, snoopy, gwen, peanuts, schultz, charles, wife, sun, daily, villages, book

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.