Large dogs running wild

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Start here, find your district, and read. Basically, choose any district, any lot, etc, in The Villages. They all have the same pets on a leash requirement. And yes, you're right, you were discussing laws, but you were the one that said its not in your deed restrictions.

VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County
I'm using your link and still get the same results.

Let's put aside our possible differences for a minute...this is getting weird.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I'm using your link and still get the same results.

Let's put aside our possible differences for a minute...this is getting weird.
No worries, PB, didnt mean for it to seem weird. Try this one though, it should be a direct link.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/De...206/S6-112.pdf
Old 07-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Sage
Default Large dogs running wild

Quote:
No worries, PB, didnt mean for it to seem weird. Try this one though, it should be a direct link.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/De...206/S6-112.pdf
Boy do I ever stand corrected. Guess I just didn't read far enough...about three times. Sheesh. My humble apology.

But now I wonder about one thing...how do I get the leash on my bird and fish?
Old 07-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Boy do I ever stand corrected. Guess I just didn't read far enough...about three times. Sheesh. My humble apology.

But now I wonder about one thing...how do I get the leash on my bird and fish?
You have to be reaaaaaallllly quick!
Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Read 'em again. 2.23, Shall be responsible to keep such pet on a leash.
Thanks for pointing that out, Photo.

I went to CDD this morning and asked to see a copy of the Deed Restrictions for Mallory Square, and it said very clearly that dogs had to be on a leash, not just "under control". The person working there said the basic Deed Restrictions like this are the same for all areas south of 466.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

I went to CDD this morning and asked to see a copy of the Deed Restrictions for Mallory Square, and it said very clearly that dogs had to be on a leash, not just "under control". The person working there said the basic Deed Restrictions like this are the same for all areas south of 466.
You are right and everyone agrees with you so hope those dogs owners do what is right and you will be happy here.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I went to the Community Development office at Lake Sumter this morning to complain about the dogs running loose in Osceola Hills, and they took my complaint seriously. They said that because our neighborhood is new, they would have the builder send a letter to the homeowner reminding them of the leash laws in TV. I stressed that these dogs were not the small dogs so common in TV, but they were larger and more aggressive. I said that, to my knowledge, many villagers are armed and might shoot an aggressive dog running loose. I said it would be a very good idea for the builder to talk with the dog owners personally. She seemed very concerned and said she would call the builder.

Then we drove down to the Sumter county Animal Control office in Lake Pannasofkie. They also took our complaint seriously and said they would send an officer to the dog owners house. I told them we used to live in a TV-like community in Maryland and that one homeowner shot and killed a dog that was harassing them. The person at Animal Control did not blink and eye and said that is allowed here as well.

Well, I have not fired a gun in 45 years so I will not go that route, but we will definitely not walk by that house again.
Wow! I'm glad I don't have a dog as occasionally they get loose by oversight. My cat sneaked out once but my neighbor helped me catch her,
Old 07-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right and everyone agrees with you so hope those dogs owners do what is right and you will be happy here.
Thanks, Gracie. We have been here two months and are really enjoying ourselves in a rental patio villa while our new house is being built. While Virginia was a great place to live, we both love being back in Florida where we met 46 years ago.

We will be happy here no matter what the dog owners do. As one great American said:

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.

Martha Washington
Old 07-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Sage

Yeah, let's not let your original topic get lost among all the other discussions. You had a legitimate concern.

Welcome back to Florida.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:

All deed restrictions are posted on Village Community Development Districts.
Save a little gas.....
Old 07-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This is a very strong statement. No dogs have been shot or shot at in The Villages.
Why do you think that someone would shoot a dog in The Villages. That is kinda paranoid to me!
If the folks at Community Development said they would respond to the situation........why then go to Animal Control? What's next a stop at the Sheriffs Office?
Agreed Bogie...and my experience is most dogs are more aggressive on a leash although I understand the need to keep them under control

Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
All deed restrictions are posted on Village Community Development Districts.
Save a little gas.....
I looked at that website. Exactly how would I use it to find the Deed Restrictions for Mallory Square?
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, large, wild, complaint, cdd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.