Looking to Adopt Small Dog

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Default Looking to Adopt Small Dog

I recently lost my sweet 14 year old Chihuahua. I rescued her from a kill shelter when she was 7 years old and she was the best dog ever. I miss her so much. I would like to adopt another senior or adult small dog preferably a Chihuahua as I understand their personality/temperament. I will be checking out the animal shelters and rescue groups as well. Anyone knowing of such a dog needing a new home please let me know. Thank you.
BamaGirl
Old 07-25-2014, 09:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. There is a Florida chihuahua rescue and if you google it, you will see many little dogs for adoption. Good luck on finding a new baby to love!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

How wonderful that you gave an older dog a loving home. I am sorry for your loss and hope you are able to find another one. Please follow geri's suggestion. I'm sorry, the link I posted didn't work, but I brought the site up by googling "Florida Chihuahua rescue."
Old 07-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Gold member

Check out Maxs Pet Connection at the website listed below. Let us know if you find a new buddy.

photo gallery 1
Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

someone posted this group recently and it also has chihuahuas

Poodle and Pooch Rescue of Florida - Orlando | Tampa | Ocala - Home
Old 07-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Chihuahua's For Rescue or Foster ~ Poodle and Pooch Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
I would like to adopt another senior or adult small dog preferably a Chihuahua as I understand their personality/temperament. I will be checking out the animal shelters and rescue groups as well. Anyone knowing of such a dog needing a new home please let me know. Thank you.
BamaGirl
BamaGirl... My heart goes out to you on the loss if your beloved Chi.
Please check on Poodle and Pooch Rescue of Florida - Orlando | Tampa | Ocala - Home
There are several dogs that would help fill the hole in your heart and are waiting for someone to rescue them. If you are not quite ready to adopt, we would love to have you foster one of the Chihuahua's. Please go on the website and if you have any questions, PM me.
Thank you for thinking rescue!
Susan for PPR
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 PM

You will be such a blessing to another 'baby'. My heart is with you as we lost our sweet one in October. We did find another one, a rescue from the Humane Society of Sumter County. Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, Inc.
It has been such a win/win situation....we love our new one.

I know they have several small dogs like you are wanting to get....please check them out.

Good luck and thanks for rescuing a pet!!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved baby. I hope your heart heals enough to consider getting another baby soon. It is truly a wonderful thing when you can open yourself up to another animal. I think it honors the one you have lost. I hope you find what you are looking for soon. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm sorry you lost your beloved chi but happy to know a little lost soul will be finding a happy home with you. Please let us know when you find your next baby.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Default Small dog

Quote:
I recently lost my sweet 14 year old Chihuahua. I rescued her from a kill shelter when she was 7 years old and she was the best dog ever. I miss her so much. I would like to adopt another senior or adult small dog preferably a Chihuahua as I understand their personality/temperament. I will be checking out the animal shelters and rescue groups as well. Anyone knowing of such a dog needing a new home please let me know. Thank you.
BamaGirl
We lost our Bichon about 3 months ago and just adopted a little Maltese girl from Bratpack rescue. She's the sweetest thing you ever saw. she is two years old weights in at 7 pounds of love and energy. Her brother is still available at the rescue center. Go to their web-site to him. Lot's of luck
Old 08-26-2014, 05:08 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their responses and private messages to my request to adopt a small rescue dog. I am so blessed to be a part of a community that is so supportive with rescue. I have adopted a senior part Chihuahua and part Dachshund little girl and I am so pleased with her. She was rescued from a dumpster where she was thrown away zipped up and trapped in a pet carrier. The piece of trash that did this to her has not been found and no other information is known about her. She does have an issue as she doesn't like people that she's not real familiar with but we will continue to work with her on this. She is adjusting well to us and we couldn't be happier with our new baby. She will have a forever home as a spoiled child and spend the rest of her days sunning on the lanai, taking walks, going on golf cart rides, and being loved and appreciated in the way that animals should be.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	elle.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	44523  
Old 08-26-2014, 05:27 PM

I just love happy endings!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Small Dog

I was just at the vet near Walmart with our neighbors dog, who we ghad to have put to sleep: there was a post for a sr. girl who need a home . she may still be available.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I would like to thank everyone for their responses and private messages to my request to adopt a small rescue dog. I am so blessed to be a part of a community that is so supportive with rescue. I have adopted a senior part Chihuahua and part Dachshund little girl and I am so pleased with her. She was rescued from a dumpster where she was thrown away zipped up and trapped in a pet carrier. The piece of trash that did this to her has not been found and no other information is known about her. She does have an issue as she doesn't like people that she's not real familiar with but we will continue to work with her on this. She is adjusting well to us and we couldn't be happier with our new baby. She will have a forever home as a spoiled child and spend the rest of her days sunning on the lanai, taking walks, going on golf cart rides, and being loved and appreciated in the way that animals should be.
How fortunate for you and that cute little girl. Enjoy.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Congratulations to you both. With time, love, and socialization your baby girl will come around. Our one rescue and our daughter's one rescue didn't trust anyone, but now they both are friendly with everyone. We had an older foster that took about 6 months to have trust in us and others, but before being adopted, he was a lab/hound mix that thought he was a lap dog. Old dogs can learn new ways to trust. She's one lucky girl! Enjoy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.