Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Default Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL

My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-
Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Sage

Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 12-30-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I figured day one would find us somewhere in northern NC. Day two would be near the south end of SC or in AL and then day three would traverse FL.

-Dave-
Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Sage

When we enter a State, I always grab a hotel magazine (usually available at service stations). They usually state the pet policies of each hotel in that State, prices, and locations. Also, you usually get a discount on the room rate.

I find that Red Roof Inns are usually pet friendly, but each one seems to have its own policy.

You may also want to try the search button (in blue at the top of the page). In previous discussions there are been lots of great pet-friendly motels mentioned. I've found the information to be very helpful.

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-30-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeball View Post
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I figured day one would find us somewhere in northern NC. Day two would be near the south end of SC or in AL and then day three would traverse FL. -Dave-
If you find yourself in AL, you have not been listening to your GPS. (Of course you meant GA, just kidding)
When you enter a state, stop at the Welcome Center and pick up your motel discount books.
I would also recommend a book that has been very valuable to us on our drives.
"Drive I-95: Exit by Exit Info, Maps, History and Trivia"
It is available at Amazon for $16 and change.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another great source is the AAA book for motels for states/regions. If you're not a member, find a friend who is and get a copy. It lists all pet friendly motels, rates and other amenities. I ended with 6 of them for my drive from California to here. Between those books and petfriendly.com, I had no problem finding places where my daughter, three cats and I could stay in good accommodations at reasonable rates. (Petfriendly even lists B&Bs that allow pets.)

Good luck on your drive down and, of course, congrats on your move.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-31-2008, 11:05 AM

Have made many trips on 95 from NY in the past 3 years with my cocker spaniel. There are many pet friendly motels; and I use the AAA books to locate them. I like to stay at a motel that provides waffles for me and oatmeal for my dog. Then I don't have to stop for breakfast and save about an hour in the morning. I usually stop somewhere in NC as close to the SC border as I can get. Last trip down stayed in Smithfield, NC. Loads of restaurants and motels. Rocky Mount is a good area for motels also. Usually arrive at TV around 6PM the next day.
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Old 12-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Rusty and I stayed at the LaQuinta motel off exit 64 , I think, off 95 just south of Richmond going and coming. 60. plus tax with coupon in the travel books at rest stops. No charge for dog. Breakfast included.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Last time we headed North we tried a Quality Inn and the one in Roanoke Rapids was pet friendly and there was no extra charge, I can't speak for all but we have found that as a general rule Quality Inn's and Days Inn's welcome pets. We're headed back South Saturday and will let you know of any new findings.
Handie
Old 01-03-2009, 03:53 PM

Thanks all for the good info and suggestions.

-Dave-
Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

We've been (no fee) members of Choice Hotels in recent years. They include Comfort, Sleep, Quality, and a few other kind of Inns and they are all over I-95. Stop into a local one and pick up their US catalog. It lists every place with a pets/no pets symbol. Rates for pets are usually only $10. Hotel rates are very good, especially for seniors (ask for over 50 or over 60 rates). They also have special promotions with their "points" system that sometimes easily earns you a free stay. To join, just call 800-521-2121. Drive safely!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Veteran member
Default I suggest RED ROOF INN's

Quote:
Thanks all for the good info and suggestions.

-Dave-
I suggest RED ROOF INN's, when ever I cross country with our dog i can count on a RED ROOF INN
Wanabee future TVer
Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Just Google pet friendly hotels

you will find a lot of them.

BTK
Old 01-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Default Pet Friendly Hotels

http://hotels.uptake.com/florida/the...445522319.html

is the website for all pet-friendly hotels. Just type in the city.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95

Quote:
My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-
RED ROOF INNs
Wanabee future TVer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.