Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenegri View Post
Can someone help me. I am traveling from NJ to FL and not sure where to stop for first night. I have a pet traveling with me. What do you suggest to be my first stop location and then the second night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg150 View Post
So happy that you posted this. We will be making the same trip in May with our 11 year old English Cocker Spaniel. We are planning to stop for two nights too, to make it easier on him, and us too!

check this website: DogFriendly.com - Travel Guide for Dogs of ALL Sizes!

hope it helps

Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

Just a note- sometimes Dog Friendly depends on how much your pet weighs. some places take small dogs but not large dogs so check first. We have been told places are very dog friendly only to arrive and be turned away when our very large dogs were over the 35 pound limit. WAAAY over. We always check up front now. It's not the kind of surprise I want after driving a whole day.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM

We travel with our dog from NJ to The Villages, Florida and we stay in Wilson, NC at the Country Inn and Suties. They are pet friendly. The room rates were less than $100 and included a hot breakfast. It was clean. We stayed there 6 times.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We recommend Red Roof Inn as well. They are pretty well located everywhere we have traveled.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Location: Elmont (LI) NY, Cornwall, NY, Fernandina The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.
We stayed at the days Inn in Florence also with our dog. There are many hotels along 95 that are pet friendly. If you stop at a welcome center and get a booklet of hotels you can find them. you can also get those booklets online. Many have coupons.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM

If you would like, I can send you a list of all hotels, motels we have used between The Villages and Boston. We have two small dogs so we count on pet friendly lodging. Just send me a email and I will send you a list my wife and I have comprised over the past six years.

Cushing Hurd. (cushinghurd@ymail.com)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 PM

We stayed on I95 in NC that accepted dogs and even gave us a welcome bag with treats, food and a dish!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Gold member

I've traveled a lot with 2 cats. Luckily, they travel well. I think the secret is to take them on short trips when they are young. We usually stop at a Days Inn, Comfort Suites or LaQuinta. LaQuinta doesn't charge extra for pets.

The LaQuinta in Dalton, GA is really nice but it is on I-75!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Just a note- sometimes Dog Friendly depends on how much your pet weighs. some places take small dogs but not large dogs so check first. We have been told places are very dog friendly only to arrive and be turned away when our very large dogs were over the 35 pound limit. WAAAY over. We always check up front now. It's not the kind of surprise I want after driving a whole day.
We've found that "Pet friendly" can mean various things. For years we travelled with two dogs and one cat. Many pet friendly motels allow only one pet with a size restriction. Many don't allow cats all. Most have a surcharge for each pet. Our 20 year old cat died last year, so now we travel with a small dog and a very large dog.

We usually stay at Red Roof Inns which allows our large dog to stay free. They usually allow our 10 lb dog to stay free also. Many Red Roof Inns have outside entrances which allows easy access for dog walking. We never leave our dogs unattended.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeball View Post
My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-
when we traveled from Pennsylvania to FL, we used a site called petswelcome.com. we ended up staying at a Days inn with 2 Shar peis and the fee was only 10 dollars extra. just type your city in where you would like to stay over at and you will surely find somewhere that not only is pet friendly but affordable. Good luck and have a safe trip.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.