Pet Medications at a HUGE Discount

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Pet Medications at a HUGE Discount

My husband and I had to get a new prescription for our dog since we are with a new vet and were about to run out of our last, existing Rx. We paid $24.00 for 60 tablets (she gets 1 tablet a day). Okay -- $12.00 a month isn't terrible. However, this is a medication she will be on for the rest of her life.

Soooooo . . . I began my online investigation. After much research, I found a company in California where I purchased the same exact med. The cost was $35.99 for 180 tablets! I couldn't believe the price difference.

This company is terrific. You don't have to do a thing. You tell them what you need/want and they will contact your vet for the prescription. (Have your vet information ready to give it to them.) They do have a pharmacist available if you have any questions. They do it all and then ship to you. We received the meds a week later.

We also needed Heartgard Plus.
A 12 month supply for dogs 51-100 lbs. was $73.99
a 12 month supply for dogs up to 25 lbs. was 46.99

Free shipping for orders over $100 and no tax.

Here is the information if anyone is interested:

California Pet Pharmacy- Savings on Pet Meds, Frontline, Advantage FREE Shipping on order over $100 (check out their website)
800-777-3879
877-554-4795 -- FAX

I hope this information is helpful to all pet owners.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Sage

That is excellent however if it sounds to good to be true - is it? Is there a way to confirm these meds are the real deal?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
That is excellent however if it sounds to good to be true - is it? Is there a way to confirm these meds are the real deal?
should you chose this assignment - please keep us informed - easy to question hard to confirm ---
Old 09-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Platinum member

I use a similar place: Pet Supplies, Vet Supplies, Horse Supplies : Heartland Veterinary Supply at Discount Pricing
similar prices free shipping over $75
I can tell you the furosemide I get is the same bottle we used to dispense in my VA pharmacy. My vet at my former location was very cautious about my getting the real deal and he ok'd the prescriptions

Last edited by Bonnevie; 09-30-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:54 AM

I have used Petshed.com in Australia for the last 10 years for Heartworm and Flea and tic. I like them because they offer Generics for these as well as the name brands. Their prices are great.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Well, if it's too good to be true, then I'm the fool!

The only thing I can tell you is that the Heartguard is the identical packaging of what we had been been previously giving, as is the other prescription. I haven't opened the bottle because I don't want to break the seal until we're ready to use it, but I just thought of something . . .

I'm going to call the company that manufacturers the Rx tablet and ask them if they sell to this company in California. That, to me, is the only surefire way to tell.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Sage

Thanks Bonanza - I couldn't think of a way to validate and your idea is right on. Please post your findings. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thanks Bonanza - I couldn't think of a way to validate and your idea is right on. Please post your findings. Thanks.
The medication we have to give one of our dogs for the rest of her life is made by Pegasus Laboratories. I called them today and asked them if California Pet Pharmacy was one of their customers. At first they were reluctant to speak with me. However, I explained the reason I needed to know was because I wanted to make sure that the medication I received was not an identical copied label and was not a bogus product from China.

With my comment, they werre happy to give me some information. They told me that they themselves do not deal directly with California Pet Pharmacy but they (Calaifornia Pet Pharmacy) definitely purchased this Rx medication from one of their distributors.

Happily, my mind is at ease!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

In this day and age, we are so afraid of meds from China and/or the Caribbean. Thank you for this info. It's definitely something to think about. Our pets are family.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Sage

Thanks for the info Bonanza.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Sage

We have used several online websites for Pet Meds.
One of the best we've found is Dr. Foster.
Same as Bonanza, they call our Vet to obtain the prescription.
Pet Supplies | Dog & Cat Supplies, Pet Meds | DrsFosterSmith.com Pet Products
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.