Can you help find a home for Miss Reese? (check out cute photos)

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Gold member
Default Can you help find a home for Miss Reese? (check out cute photos)

Below is a picture of Miss Reese (6 years old - 9.9 lbs). She is in need of a forever home. She has been in foster care for way too long. Her foster dad said a home with a single person would be best. I am told she likes to sit by you or on your lap while you read. She has been adopted before and was very protective of her new mom. Didn't work out with the new dad. She actually bit him. They returned her to rescue. (PLEASE NOTE: I had a dog (still have) that was really nasty when we first took him in and would bite if you tried to touch him, but we were able to reverse that. Now he never bites and is the best dog we have ever had. So don't let one nip scare you off.) Miss Reese is currently living in foster care with a lot of other dogs, which I am told she gets along with just fine. When I met her, she was really sweet. Wanted to get in the car and go for a ride. She did pull on the leash, but I spoke to the lady who adopted her and had to return her and she said she did fine....was just probably excited. She is up-to-date on shots, spayed, had a dental....so you don't have to worry about that. Last I knew she comes with a kennel and a harness. There is a 2 week trial period, so if for some reason you are not the right fit you can return her. She really needs a good loving home. Again, a single person would probably be the best, but they are open to couples. Contact her foster dad at: sleepyhobbit@yahoo.com

Here's a couple of photos of her. The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Miss Reese has beautiful eyes. Hopefully someone will want to have a companion who will snuggle up with them on these stormy evenings.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Sage

She is so sweet - wish I had room for her.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Gold member

She is beautiful! I wish I was in Florida now! How does she get along with cats?

I hope she finds a loving home soon!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I wonder... might she be less protective of her owner if she were in a home with other dogs or cats--especially dogs--vying for the owner's attention.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Gold member

She is listed as no cats, no children. The people that had adopted her and returned her did have another really old dachshund. So that may have caused a problem.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Sage

Bump for Miss Reese. Hope she finds a home soon.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.