Springdale - Mulberry Dog Park

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 PM

We were staying at a home in Springdale about 2 years ago and had a similar experience. There was a man in a golf cart who shadowed me around my entire walk with my dog. When my dog eventually did his "business" and I bagged it up, he left. He did this on several occasions while we were there. It made me feel quite uncomfortable, because I wasn't sure why he was following me. It also seemed that almost every house had some kind of nasty picture of dogs defecating with a slash through it prominently displayed. We were also told by another man at the dog park that there were rules set by the Villages about dogs that weren't on the signage and that we had better obey them. When asked what these ambiguous 'rules' were, he huffed out of the park. We've decided we want no part of Springdale or that area and have told real estate agents that we will not even look in that area for a house. It has to be the most unpleasant week I've ever stayed at TV.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was just saying........about negativity.

I know so many lovely people in Springdale and I feel defensive of them...
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I have lived in Springdale for 12 years and please do not judge us all by a few. All my neighbors are so great and friendly and have dogs of their own. There's always a few bad apples everywhere. I love it here if it were bad I would have moved long ago. That said I apologize for whomever made your experience so unpleasant. we're not all like that and my neighbors have been here as log as I have we're all welcoming to any and all newcomers!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM

I'm new to TV too and yes they are rude ppl here and everywhere, but we have been to Springdale dog park several times and met plenty of good dog-lovin folks. Thankfully that has been the norm. However, one time right after the initial Feguson shooting there was one guy sitting on the bench speaking loudly on his cell phone, intentionally LOUD, his conversation with his buddy on the other end was not nice, it was rude, violent, and racist. I took my dog and said intentionally LOUD as well, 'let's go Honey, we don't need to hear that kind of talk'.

I must look for the Mulberry dog park, I guess it's a little further north.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

If I'm not mistaken, the two sites you mention are the same. Very sorry about the jerk who got on your nerves. All wrapped up in himself and very afraid of a world he, like the rest of us, cannot control. Sad.

Please do not let one idiot rob you of your dog's exercise and fun.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanpaula View Post
I'm new to TV too and yes they are rude ppl here and everywhere, but we have been to Springdale dog park several times
... I must look for the Mulberry dog park, I guess it's a little further north.
Onslowe is correct - there are only three FREE dog parks currently provided by The Villages:

Paradise in Historical area
Brinson-Perry in Bonita behind the Fire Station
Mulberry, adjacent to the Springdale Fitness Trail

There is a fourth dog park planned for south of CR 466A.

There is a private dog park called Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101, a mile north of Southern Trace Plaza.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.