Thanks to Scott and Laura at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Thanks to Scott and Laura at Doggie Doo Run Run.

A fun time had by many at Doggie Doo Run Run's party yesterday afternoon. Thanks to Scott and Laura for the shindig yesterday afternoon. I did not stick around for the dancing and stuff as I am flying solo at the moment. Maybe not for long but then again we will see. They had a pretty good turn out. Probably around 65 with 15 dog park owner friends, family and employees/helpers.

Funny to see people without their dogs though.

The MC Ed from Kentucky picked our table for the last to head to get food but we still managed to get good food and Joe seemed amused about something or other. I am kind of tickled too but will have to do some digging to see what happened with that. I have a theory but could be all wrong about it.

The photographer of some talent Debby R., showed up visiting from the Tampa Bay area. But, she was not quite ready to take people pictures and the dogs were not invited to the party.

The best thing was that my dish seemed to be almost all gone. Crock pot turkey meatball ravioli by Kraft with modifications to the recipe by me. Ravioli & Meatball Slow-Cooker Casserole - Kraft Recipes

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-29-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:36 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I was there and had some of your casserole. It was delicious. Thank you. I did not know anyone because it is my husband that walks the dogs there everyday, the English and the Gordon Setters. I was amazed how many people were there. A very nice party for sure.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
I was there and had some of your casserole. It was delicious. Thank you. I did not know anyone because it is my husband that walks the dogs there everyday, the English and the Gordon Setters. I was amazed how many people were there. A very nice party for sure.
Thanks. It was the first time I tried it. I did make Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon in the crock pot a few months ago and it was one of the best things I have made in that except it was probably a heart attack waiting to happen with all the bacon grease I used while making it. Took about 1.5 hours to get it all ready too. I usually just do something with pork chops or chicken.

There were a lot of people there and I probably knew about 75% of them as I sometimes come at different times. Many regulars were missing too. I have been going there first with Sport and then with Beau for about 10 years now. I started going in 2006 while checking out a dog adoption event and ran into Holly a blonde now married to Mark. They have a dachshund named Petie but also used to have two Basenjis which have passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Again. Thanks to Scott and Laura and their family and friends for hosting this event.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-29-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There were a lot of people there and I probably knew about 75% of them as I sometimes come at different times. Many regulars were missing too.
Whoops, I forgot to put it on my calendar.
Sounds like an successful event in spite of the cool weather. I hope it becomes an annual event.
(Sometimes it's hard to recognize people without their dogs.)
Old 01-29-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Whoops, I forgot to put it on my calendar.
Sounds like an successful event in spite of the cool weather. I hope it becomes an annual event.
(Sometimes it's hard to recognize people without their dogs.)
I was sitting across from a man whom I had seen that morning walking his chocolate lab but could not place him until I started talking about my being there with Beau.

It was in a tent which they had heated. There was a dance floor too.

No lobster though Barefoot.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:38 PM

Really nice time,truly all nice people,Big or Small . Farley
Old 01-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbgull View Post
True. Most dog people I have met are good folks. They can be a little cliquish but I have travelled through all the public sections of Doggie Doo Run Run with Sport and then later with Beau and found people by in large welcoming over the past decade.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbgull View Post
I agree. I've met some of my best friends at DDRR.
Great people, big dogs and small dogs alike, we all share something in common.
We all love dogs.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I agree. I've met some of my best friends at DDRR.
Great people, big dogs and small dogs alike, we all share something in common.
We all love dogs.
I second that Barefoot. Even though some of my favorite people from DDRR seem to come very seldom now or not at all.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:50 AM
Sage

They sang Happy Birthday to Matt (Lisa's husband) and the owner of Poco while I was taking a bathroom break. I decided to get out of there as soon as I heard they were going to sing Happy BD to someone. "Happy Birthday" sometimes still bothers me at times. Depends on what is going on in my life and how much I can balance it with other stuff. I am writing an auto-biography and have been busy with it for a few months now so a lot of memories are rather raw now as I have been picking at old wounds never quite healed.

I have been going to Doggie Doo Run Run and have known some of the people there for more than a decade like Holly and Whit with Jane.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:02 AM
Sage
Default Our Dog Beau.

I did not put my baseball cap on which is a sign to Beau that he is going out.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
run, food, afternoon, party, yesterday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.