Villages Pet Villas...once was enough!

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Default Villages Pet Villas...once was enough!

We took our dog into Villages Pet Villas on LaGrande Blvd after having it recommended to us by a friend. We thought it looked nice and clean so we decided to try it. Our dog has skin allergies so we bathed him at home in his special shampoo and gave him his 10 minute soak. So, when we took him in for grooming, there was no bathing involved. We were told it would be about an hour. We specifically told the groomer NOT to shave him, just trim him up. We went home and after 2 phone calls from them saying he was done when he wasn't (the receptionist got us mixed up with another client) resulting in us driving down there twice and having to go home, 4 1/2 hours later he was declared done. The end result was our full coated Cocker shaved down to the skin with not only clipper marks all over his face and back but clipper burns on his legs, ears and tummy. He is now on medicated spray for the burns and an antibiotic. I know some people here sing their praises but for us, we will never ever go back.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
KittyKat

Wow, what a fiasco! So sorry for your dog and for you. Did you have to pay full price?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the warning. I have been using The Village Groomers for the past year and have been very happy with the grooming they do.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:12 AM

Yes! They charged me the full price with no refund! Can you believe it? I will look into Village Groomers but he sure won't be needing a trim for a LONG time!!
Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 AM

I take my cocker spaniel to The Dog House on 441 just past the Marion Market on the right hand side. I always wash my dog with special shampoo due to skin allergies as well and dry the dog myself. They do a wonderful job of grooming and have been going there for several years and the staff is very nice and polite. 352-245-2002 for appt.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

We had a similar experience last weekend with our Australian Shepard, in our "other" home in Georgia.

We took her to her normal grooming place and told them to trim her belly to 1 inch. They trimmed her entire coat to 1 inch. I don't think she will need another grooming until we become full time Villagers in September 2015.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Gold member

Martysmom,

Did you you pay with a credit card? If so, I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Martysmom,

Did you you pay with a credit card? If so, I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.
No, my husband picked him up and paid cash. He didn't think anything of how he looked until they got home and I let out a scream!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 AM

Lady lake professional groomers are very good. They do not keep your pet all day. One and a half hours is all it takes. We are pleased with them.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I have used the Pet Villas for years and have always hd nothing but quality service from them. My dogs love it there! Just a question, did you talk to them about it, did you ask for a refund? Did you try to let them make it right for you easy to slam a place after one visit then run and not give them a chance. Sorry though you had this experience. But I know The Pet Villas will always bend over backwards to make things right.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM

We use the pet villas for boarding an grooming..and our Portia loves it there..and Lisa the groomer.is the best groomer we found hands down..and Portia gets so excited when she sees her..so no problem here just praise!!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

So sorry your baby was clipper burned. Hair will grow back but an experience with hot clippers can result in a pup being fearful of grooming.
Suggest you try Bone Crazy Grooming 352-330-2663 in 466A near Wildwood. I used Chris for my 17 yr old Cocker and he was always happy & clean when he came out.
Good luck on your next groom. Susan
Old 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You might try a mobile pet groomer that comes to your house. I had neighbor who used one all the time and loved it. I was on St. Charles yesterday and saw a big van with Paradise Pet Grooming listed on the side. I think this is their number 352-427-1298, and I've read they charge about the same price as a shop.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We had a similar situation with our cat, apparently there was a misunderstanding when we told the groomer to shave her butt (she is a long hair), came in (mobile groomer) looking like a poodle................. Took about 3 months for hair to grow back. While I think we will use the groomer again, we will have them repeat the instruction back to us before the cat go to the trailer.

Since from the sound of the thread it appears there was some confusion, I would suggest a follow-up call to the groomer, and a discussion about a refund or significant credit for future visit, if they offer a suitable explanation.

PS our cat was so annoyed, that she avoided us for about 1 week, and did not speak for about 2 weeks..............
Back to normal now, and ordering us slaves around.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:09 PM

My parents and i will be moving to buttonwood in a few weeks an i was looking for some suggestion a good vet,we have 2 middle aged cats an a black lab
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.