Wanted Dog

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Default Wanted Dog

My sister lost her beloved 14 year old Cockapoo dog in October. She misses her best friend. Please send me a private message if you know of someone who wants to re-home their dog.

Thank you,
Linda
Old 11-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Sage

There are so many dogs looking for a home. If it is the particular breed she likes, she should go online and look for a rescue for that breed. She can also try Petsmart that has dogs all the time for adoption.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Learn How Adopt-a-Pet.com Helps People Adopt a Cockapoo
By Adopt-a-Pet.com

Adopt-a-Pet.com is the world's largest non-profit homeless pet adoption website. We are like an ad agency for shelters and shelter pets, helping them get exposure. Millions of people see our database of pets each month, and we display many tens of thousands of homeless pets to potential adopters. Our website makes it easy for anyone with an internet connection to find descriptions and pictures of adoptable animals by location, breed, gender, age, size, and color. Shelters post the pets, and we get them exposure, but we need your help! Please search to adopt a Cockapoo for yourself, or tell a friend about our website so that they can adopt a Cockapoo. In the mean time if you would like to learn more about adoption checkout our blog (AdoptaPet.com Blog), or learn what you can do as a Adopt-a-Pet.com volunteer (http://www.adoptapet.com/public/help-animal-shelters.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:05 PM

I've heard Bedtime Tails Luxury Pet Resort say that they've had dogs brought to them to re-home. I don't know if they know anyone looking to re-home at this time but it might be worth a call. Good luck and thank you for adopting!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Sage

We rehomed a dog from Pet Lovers Rescue, a great organization here in The Villages. Barb Irwin, 753-2321.

Other sites:

Dogs for adoption from our Rescue in Orlando FL

www.petfinder.com

And of course the Humane Societies of Sumter, Lake and Marion

Thank you for thinking rescue!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Gold member

We adopted a rescue dog at Pet Smart located off of US Hwy 27/441 in Lady lake. There are adoptable dogs available on Saturday mornings.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:53 PM

Thanks for all the posts. I've checked out all the web-sites provided.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Sent you a PM regarding Poodle and Pooch Rescue Dogs for adoption from our Rescue in Orlando FL
I have two 7-pound miniature poodle girls that I am fostering for them and live in The Villages.

Sincere condolences to your sister on her loss & hope she finds her new perfect furry friend soon. Susan
Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Many dogs available for adoption at All Creatures Sanctuary. Website is allcreaturessanctuary.com.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 AM

I know a 4 yr old black and white male chihuahua who lost his parents - if interested I can check to see if he is still available
Old 11-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Gold member

Check out: Home
Maxs Pet Connection usually have a lot of smaller breed dogs like Chihuahuas, Jack Russell Terriers, Rat Terriers, Min-Pins, Scottish Terriers, Poodles, dachshunds, and many other breeds.

http://fldr.org/ has dachshund and dachshund/mixes.

Florida Little Dog Rescue Group - Home Florida Little Dog Rescue has a variety available for adoption.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:45 AM

I have a 4 month old chihuahua mix that we adopted 2 weeks ago from petsmart. Her name is Pixie, she is fixed and a real lover. We can"t keep her since our older chihuahua keeps fighting with her and I am afraid she will get hurt. Ideal home would be with no other dogs and owners who like close companionship. Pixie loves to cuddle. She weighs 8#. Sleeps in a crate at night, runs free during the day. We put her out without a leash, no problems she stays right with us. Pixie is house broken. Only problem is Ginger keeps picking fights! 259-4694
Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 AM

I have a 4 month old chihuahua mix that we adopted 2 weeks ago from petsmart. Her name is Pixie, she is fixed and a real lover. We can keep her since our older chihuahua keeps fighting with her. Ideal home would be with no other dogs and owners who like close companionship. Pixie loves to cuddle. Sleeps in a crate at night, loose during the day. We put her out without a leash, no problems she stays right with us. Only problem is Ginger keeps picking fights! 259-4694
Old 12-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjoyc56 View Post
I have a 4 month old chihuahua mix that we adopted 2 weeks ago from petsmart. Her name is Pixie, she is fixed and a real lover. We can"t keep her since our older chihuahua keeps fighting with her and I am afraid she will get hurt. Ideal home would be with no other dogs and owners who like close companionship. Pixie loves to cuddle. She weighs 8#. Sleeps in a crate at night, runs free during the day. We put her out without a leash, no problems she stays right with us. Pixie is house broken. Only problem is Ginger keeps picking fights! 259-4694
I'm not familiar with the rules in FL and this may not apply. In our area if you adopt and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, the rescue, Pet Smart, ASPCA, all require the person that adopted to return the pet to them. It is a learning experience for the rescue to find out what the individual pets needs are. They can work with them a bit more and find the perfect home.

Because you adopt a dog and it doesn't work out, doesn't mean you have done anything wrong. It simply means it wasn't a good fit. The rescues have the ability to attempt to find the pets forever home. Pixie might be better off going back to whatever rescue was using Pet Smart for adoption day. Pet Smart can tell you who to call. Many have volunteers that will pick up Pixie, if the location isn't convenient for you to return.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjoyc56 View Post
I have a 4 month old chihuahua mix that we adopted 2 weeks ago from petsmart. Her name is Pixie, she is fixed and a real lover. We can keep her since our older chihuahua keeps fighting with her. Ideal home would be with no other dogs and owners who like close companionship. Pixie loves to cuddle. Sleeps in a crate at night, loose during the day. We put her out without a leash, no problems she stays right with us. Only problem is Ginger keeps picking fights! 259-4694
Totally agree with OBXnana... You should have been required to sign a contract with the rescue group when you adopted. Whether Max's or whoever was at PetsMart that day, they require the dog returned to them if it does not work out...especially since the adoption was so recent.

It happens....Please get Pixie back to the proper rescue so she can be adopted out again....Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.