» Advertisements

Performance Drywall of Central Florida
Old 08-31-2014, 11:26 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default Performance Drywall of Central Florida

PERFORMANCE DRYWALL OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
For ALL your Drywall Needs
352-266-3350

Performance Drywall is a local, family owned business operating in The Villages for over 10 years. Customer satisfaction is our goal.

We can help you with any of the following and more:

Hang, finish and texture walls
Specialize in NO MESS popcorn removal and re-texture
Patch and repair, with texture matching
Painting available
Licensed and Insured

Call for a free estimate:
352-266-3350 or 352-266-1897.
We will get back with you as soon as possible.

Introduction
Old 09-08-2014, 06:44 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default Introduction

Hello, my name is Scott. Performance Drywall of Central Florida is a new addition to The Talk of the Villages, so I wanted to take time to introduce our company. We are a family owned and operated business right outside The Villages. My wife, Jennifer, and I started the company a little over 10 years ago. I started out doing drywall 15 years ago here in The Villages. I started out mostly doing drywall in new homes, but now concentrate on new additions, repairs and popcorn removal and re-texturing. We have been doing additions in The Villages and surrounding area for about 10 years. I have many years of experience matching textures, so your repairs will blend in well. My wife helps run the business, and is also a registered nurse.

We would be glad to come out and give you a free estimate. We look forward to meeting you.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM

We've heard about your great services and need some repair work done on our kitchen ceiling. However, we live in Citrus county - do you come that far on repairs?
Thanks, Jim
Old 12-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Performance Drywall did an addition on the house next door to me last summer and the two young guys were very rude & yelled & cursed at me when I asked them (very nicely I might add) if they would move the white van that they parked in front of my yard. I asked them to move to the front of the house where they were working as my husband & I could not see to back out of our own driveway. They were parked about two feet from my driveway exit. They could have just as easily parked in front of the house where they were working. But no they chose to curse & yell at me. I realize that the street is public, but that was not reason to make it unsafe & impossible for us to back out of our own driveway. The one guy screamed at me that he paid taxes just like I do and for me to call community watch or whatever I liked. I relplied that I never said I was calling anyone, but I merely requested nicely for him to move to in front of the house where he was working. Oh well that is over now. But I wish to add that my husband tried to call in a complaint to the phone number on the van. But no one would respond. I'm sure the work that was done was fine. But I would never hire such rude guys.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Performance Drywall did an addition on the house next door to me last summer and the two young guys were very rude & yelled & cursed at me when I asked them (very nicely I might add) if they would move the white van that they parked in front of my yard. I asked them to move to the front of the house where they were working as my husband & I could not see to back out of our own driveway. They were parked about two feet from my driveway exit. They could have just as easily parked in front of the house where they were working. But no they chose to curse & yell at me. I realize that the street is public, but that was not reason to make it unsafe & impossible for us to back out of our own driveway. The one guy screamed at me that he paid taxes just like I do and for me to call community watch or whatever I liked. I relplied that I never said I was calling anyone, but I merely requested nicely for him to move to in front of the house where he was working. Oh well that is over now. But I wish to add that my husband tried to call in a complaint to the phone number on the van. But no one would respond. I'm sure the work that was done was fine. But I would never hire such rude guys.
You might want to discuss your concerns with the owner. I doubt they are aware of the way you were treated and would appreciate knowing about it.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:10 PM

As stated in my post, my husband tried to call but there was no response. Quite clearly they didn't give a rat's patootie. At least not then. I was going to post it on this board last summer, but just decided to put it behind me at that time.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Sage

I'm sorry you had that experience.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:52 AM

Well I guess I'd better re-think my idea of repair work in Citrus County ... don't like being ignored either ... too bad you didn't get a response of some kind. I'd like to believe there was an unavoidable circumstance of some kind that caused them not to get back with you??? But time will tell.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:31 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Dear Mr. Wilson,

My name is Jennifer, VP of Performance Drywall. I run the operational side of the business which includes responding to this site. I am sorry that you felt like I was ignoring you. I am very new to this site (joined in August) and still learning how it works, especially a forum format such as this. It was my understanding that we were to receive a email when anyone commented or rated on our site. I guess not. We joined in August, and I checked weekly and no one ever left any feedback. I stopped checking, thinking I would just get an email. My husband received the message you left on his voice mail. You stated that if we come to Citrus county to please give you a call. We have about 10 other of those calls a day. You said to call you if we came and we do not. We are to busy to travel that distance, if you still have not found anyone, I could try to find out who does.

I work part time as a registered nurse, work for my husband part time and am currently going to school (Full-time) to become a nurse practitioner. I am sorry that my studies sometimes make be forget things as I continue to maintain a 4.0 GPA. I will know now to check the forum, or be attacked.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

This is in response to "Doro22"

My name is Jennifer, VP of Performance Drywall. I am sorry that I didn't respond sooner. As I stated to Mr. Wilson, it was my understanding that we would receive a email message when someone posted something here. I am working two part time jobs, and going to school full time to become a nurse practitioner. I never expected this when I returned to check this site, and don't know if we will remain on here or not now.

These are the true facts, and I'm sure anyone that knows you will understand. You stated "nicely I might add" - how does screaming, cussing and yelling at my husband (the owner of the company that was helping deliver drywall that day) telling them to "get the hell out of your yard" qualify as "nice". They were not doing a job, they were just delivering the drywall and told you several times that they would only be there for 15 minutes. They even asked you if you needed to leave (we were not close to your driveway) that they would move so you could see to get out if that's what you needed (you never left). I guess you couldn't hear that over the screaming you were doing. They were not in your yard AT ALL. Then, your husband pulled up and told them to park the other way and load it on the other side which meant the other side of the house, not your side. They would have had to put the drywall through the window in order to do this. Do you realize how difficult that is? But they were finished and leaving when your husband stated this, so they just left (and your husband didn't yell at all). They were only there for 15 minutes, so I don't understand your anger. You screamed at them the entire 15 minutes. So basically, you yelled at them from the beginning first because they were in your yard, then you realized they were not, so you started screaming about not being able to get out of your driveway.

Also, we found out that the framer of the job unloaded all his tools in your front yard the prior day, and was informed by the homeowner of the job that you were quite mad. So when we got there, you were already angry, to no fault of our own. The guys did not feel comfortable so called the contractor and he heard you yelling at them so we have a witness. My husband did get angry because you would not stop screaming at them. He stated "we aren't in your yard so if you don't like it call community watch". That part you did get right.

And just so you know, the homeowner said that they were some of the most polite workers she has met. After all customer satisfaction is our goal, and this customer was very satisfied. I guess you can't make everyone happy, we have done over 20,000 plus jobs here since the start of The Villages, and your aren't even one.