"Final Phase" questions

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Default "Final Phase" questions

What will happen to TV sales offices and the sales reps when the final phase is completed. All of the people involved in construction of new homes, and I'm sure they are a lot, where do they go? It seems as though if and when the building stops, it is going to affect a large number of persons living in close proximity to the TV. Do you think it will have any affect on TV in the future, besides home resale values? Would like to hear from those in the real estate field, thanks.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate View Post
What will happen to TV sales offices and the sales reps when the final phase is completed. All of the people involved in construction of new homes, and I'm sure they are a lot, where do they go? It seems as though if and when the building stops, it is going to affect a large number of persons living in close proximity to the TV. Do you think it will have any affect on TV in the future, besides home resale values? Would like to hear from those in the real estate field, thanks.

I'm no real estate expert but I think Darwinian effects will leave TV and the surroundings leaner and meaner, growth will stabilize and natural economics will take over. Hopefully those left out will move on. It will not become a dust bowl, rather a stable vibrant community, IMHO.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

There may be a "final phase", someday (?) in what we all call TV.
There will be no final phase to the ongoing development surrounding TV and central FL.

There are thousands of homes and many developments in the works all within 30 minutes of TV.

Do a historical research on the Orlando area, pre Disney and post. I am sure there was always chatter about the final phase of Disney. But just look at whay surrounds Disney and that part of FL.....ditto for the surrounding area of TV in the future.

Development in a growing, desirable area begets development.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Sage

The most important thing to know about the Final Phase is that it's only the final phase until the next phase.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

My opinion (and speculation) is that the Developer will continue to develop but not with this concept. There is limited family developments and I would suspect that could be a direction. When the exit from turnpike opens providing family developments would attract families from farther away (Orlando). There is a lot of commercial construction needed on the south end (especially if my theory is viable). Developers develop, this developer has a lot of grand and great grand kids (ok, Gary does) and they are becoming active in the business. The final phase is just the final phase for this concept......just my speculation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There is no final phase. The developer is a long way from Key West and Maine.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:20 AM

I'm sure that as that day approaches each of those entities you mentioned will begin scaling back. TV Real Estate will probably survive doing property mgmnt and resales. Most of the contractors will fade off or move elsewhere. I'm no RE expert but I would think our property values will rise or fall depending if the activities remain as is. After all most of us paid a premium for our home for the lifestyle, not for the home itself.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 PM

The "Final Phase" is akin to dividing PI out to the final digit. ie It ain't happening any time soon.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Since "Final Phase" is advertised on The Villages "Home" page ... Does anyone know ? ... Does "Final Phase" equal "Final Neighborhood" ? ... or ... Is "Final Phase" going to incorporated several neighborhoods ?
Old 07-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
The "Final Phase" is akin to dividing PI out to the final digit. ie It ain't happening any time soon.
Yeah. As has been said before, the final phase is only the final phase until the next phase starts.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Gold member

When we moved here 3 years ago we were told we were buying in the Final Phase.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Rumor has it that they are going to start another development in St Joe. The will build and manage but will not own the development
Heard a rumor about a new development too---where is St Joe?
Old 07-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Rumor has it that they are going to start another development in St Joe. The will build and manage but will not own the development

If this rumor turns out to be true, this would be huge news. This St Joe development has been on the books for several years. It will be copied after The Villages, but over one and a half times the size of TV with the population topping out at 165,000.

It sounds like a win-win situation for all. The Morses can use their expertise in building management and marketing, while St Joe already owns all the land and presumably will foot the bills.

Anybody looking for work in the housing market should head to the panhandle. This project is expected to take decades to complete. They also have the benefit from learning from The Villages' mistakes.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Gold member
Default No Final Phase in sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The most important thing to know about the Final Phase is that it's only the final phase until the next phase.
YES... I agree totally. There is still lots of land around. As long as people are buying they will be building. We will be a mini LA
Old 07-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
YES... I agree totally. There is still lots of land around. As long as people are buying they will be building. We will be a mini LA :22yikes:
Bite your tongue!n

Tags
final, phase, sales, affect, close, persons, number, living, proximity, home, real, estate, field, hear, large, resale, values, future, involved, people, construction, homes, questions, offices, reps

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.