land-lease

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Default land-lease

Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

No land lease in The Villages.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Your understanding of the concept may be correct, but it is not a practice inTV. I have owned a home under that circumstance in another state. I own my house and the land it is on here in TV.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Sage

It is not done here.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:08 PM

You buy here, you own the land and the bond...
Old 08-13-2015, 04:30 PM

No , you own the land in TV. No land lease arrangements here. Some developments in the area offer that type of ownership.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

No, the homes are not on leasehold land. When you purchase a property in The Villages, the land the home sits on is conveyed to the purchaser (in other words, you own it).
Old 08-13-2015, 07:46 PM

I have a deed to my land in the Villages
Old 08-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
No! residential properties in TV are "in fee" The land may be subject to a lein related to bond issues that funded infrastructure , but that is an entirely different matter and there are several threads on this forum which explain the "Bond"
Old 08-14-2015, 05:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Not true. My deed states I own the land.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Other states do this too, but to answer your question, no, The Villages is not a land lease community.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

no you own the home and the land
Closed Thread

Tags
land-lease, house, sits, land, find, topic, forum, care, search, people, learned, concept, today, villages, homes, read, florida, purchase, understanding, arizona

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.