Turnkey?

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Default Turnkey?

Is the term "turnkey", as used so freely, regarding homes in the Villages a legal term. I have seen the term furnished used also. So what's the difference, and is either a legally binding term. Who is responsible for listing the items that are to remain with the home? Do disclosure laws apply to the items as well? Here in the North East, turnkey refers to a property that is in move in condition but does not refer to anything else, including appliances.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Sage

Turnkey has everything you need....just bring your toothbrushes and personal items. It has a fully stocked kitchen, not food however, and linens in the bed and baths.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If you're talking turnkey for rentals, it is as described by NotGolfer. Turnkey for sales here usually means fully furnished and equipped but I'd ask specifically what is included and ask for an inventory.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-01-2014, 03:04 PM

We bought our house turnkey. All we needed to move in was as NotGolfer stated, just our clothes and toothbrush. The sellers did have a couple items listed on the contract that did not sell with the house (golf cart, lawn mower) and we had them sign that everything else but those two items stayed. It was great for us, we were able to leave our home in Cleveland furnished for the showings.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Sage

I bought a turkey and I found that all the furnishings, needed to be replaced, to my tastes. It is initially easier, to move in.

Unless one has really nice furnishings, you will be out shopping for different furnishings/stuff, eventually. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 AM

It broke my heart when the leaves fell this fall. We got the first snow before Thanksgiving. I was devastated. I am getting to old to deal with winter up North. My daughter moved to St Pete in Aug and I drove down with her to keep her company on the drive. I did the Lifestyle before I flew back. I am interested. I will be renting Jan and Feb 2015. I am just trying to get it figured out before I get down there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.