Would this hold true in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Someone is keeping track of the 80% numbers. It came up at the POA meeting last night (9/16/2014). I forget the exact percentage that was reported but I believe it was around 96%.

As far as I know, there are only two age restrictions to living in TV: No one under 19 can live here at all and 80% of the homes have to have one person over 55 living in them. Other than that, residents can be any age from 19 to infinity.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Someone is keeping track of the 80% numbers. It came up at the POA meeting last night (9/16/2014). I forget the exact percentage that was reported but I believe it was around 96%.

As far as I know, there are only two age restrictions to living in TV: No one under 19 can live here at all and 80% of the homes have to have one person over 55 living in them. Other than that, residents can be any age from 19 to infinity.
That is how I understand it. But getting back to the scenario in the OP, it was stated that if a property is sold because of a legal matter such as a bank repo the rules of the community do not apply. Is that true of The Villages? Could someone have children under the age of 19 living here legally?

The other question that I have is; if we are right at the 20% maximum and the spouse of an under 55 resident dies, would the under 55 spouse be able to stay?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Anyone can buy in The Villages, but 80% of at least one RESIDENT must be 55 or older. http://fchr.state.fl.us/resources/55_housing/requirements
80% of of at least one resident? Is that by weight, volume or body parts? If my legs are under 55 years old but the rest of me is 60 plus would I be OK to live here?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.