Battery fill systems

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Gold member
Default Battery fill systems

I just had new batteries installed on my cart. I have the auto fill system that has the bulb you squeeze. I asked the installer which type of fill system he recommended, the bulb/squeeze type or the gravity fill type. He said neither, he recommended filling them by hand. He made a point that I had done in the past, after filling the batteries, check all of the levels in each cell. I did it and had one cell that the water level was below the plates to where I couldn't see any water. The installer said the pump type has a tendency to overfill and the gravity fill has a tendency to under fill. He recommended buying a garden pump up sprayer and using it to fill the cells one at a time to 1/8" below the plastic piece above the plates once a month.

What are your feelings on this?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Eternal Member

We do not care for the pump system. The gravity system is the best system when it is installed correctly and for the style of batteries they were designed for.
Even still it is recommended to check by removing one or two valves from there cells to determine that the system is working correctly and the batteries are properly filled.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.