Charger or computer or what?

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2016, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Charger or computer or what?

My wife came home in the golf cart last night and barely made it over the golf cart bridge. I plugged the cart in and got no response from the charger. I figured that either the charger was bad or the on board computer was gone. This morning I borrowed my friend's charger and plugged it in. The charger came on, shut off and came on again as it should. I went back out to the garage a while later and the charger had turned off.

I plugged it back in and it came on again, shut off and turned back on. I then noticed that it's only pulling four amps. I thought this was strange so I plugged my charger back in and got exactly the same result. It came on, shut off and is pulling four amps. I thought that with the pack being so low, it should be pulling maximum amps.

Any idea what might be going on here?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:59 PM
Eternal Member

You need to know what the pack voltage is, if the pack is fully charged at 52 volts you may have another problem.
What make cart, what year? Did you plug your charger into your friends cart? And if so what were the results?
Closed Thread

Tags
charger, plugged, back, amps, pulling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.