Cincinnati Reds Talk

Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Default Cincinnati Reds Talk

This is for all the Cincinnati Reds fans who never get tired of Marty Brennaman at the end of a winning game. Go to the below link - you will love it!!!!

http://twaud.io/qPLq

Last edited by Ad poster; 08-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Darn u, now I'm homesick..... what I really mean is now I know where to go this summer when it gets hot here....
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Photo show

Here is a link to a Youtube photo show I put together of the Reds last game in Sarasota a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tpop1nun.../1/4xEvA66fH4w
Old 05-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Gold member
Default Just saw them live.

Last Saturday at Progressive Field. Sad day for Reds' fans. Sad weekend for Reds' fans. Ohioboy, however, is an Indians fan, so he was fine.

However, there is always the next series (or perhaps the one after). Love those Reds, though.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Since this thread has been rejuvenated I can report that I followed thru on my threat above and have first base box seat tickets for the Jul 24th game, with my wife who dispises baseball, and my daughter and her husband. A pre and post Gold Star should top the day.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Ok, so where do you watch Reds games? We are fans.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Gold member
Default MLB Baseball package

Probably you could watch them at a Beef O'Brady's, but have not checked. Call and ask if they have MLB package and also Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati), or just make sure they can show Reds games. I think if they have the MLB package they can get most teams, although there are some blackouts, I think.

We got Directv last fall, with an added Sports package (12.99/mo - I think - after the initial few months at 5.99 or something like that). Our Sports package has STO (Sports Time Ohio) for the Indians and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO) for the Reds.

We thought that would do it, because in Ohio we have those channels and don't have to get the MLB package.

Well, they block the games out in Florida (except for the teaser first 10 days of the season), have to purchase the MLB package. There are also some other things on the Sports package, and interestingly enough, we get the pre and post game stuff on STO for the Indians, but not on FSO. No idea why.

Since we are still snowbirds we didn't get MLB but if we end up spending most of the summers in Florida, we will. It's not nearly as much as the NFL Ticket.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Their stock just went down after last night. They had it won in the 10th and gave up a home run!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Sage

What a tough loss. A six hour marathon that lasted 19 innings!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Probably you could watch them at a Beef O'Brady's, but have not checked. Call and ask if they have MLB package and also Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati), or just make sure they can show Reds . I think if they have the MLB package they can get most teams, although there are some blackouts, I think.

We got Directv last fall, with an added Sports package (12.99/mo - I think - after the initial few months at 5.99 or something like that). Our Sports package has STO (Sports Time Ohio) for the Indians and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO) for the Reds.

We thought that would do it, because in Ohio we have those channels and don't have to get the MLB package.

Well, they block the games out in Florida (except for the teaser first 10 days of the season), have to purchase the MLB package. There are also some other things on the Sports package, and interestingly enough, we get the pre and post game stuff on STO for the Indians, but not on FSO. No idea why.

Since we are still snowbirds we didn't get MLB but if we end up spending most of the summers in Florida, we will. It's not nearly as much as the NFL Ticket.
Have you thought about just adding FoxSpFla which is channel 654 and Sun which is 653. Sun carries the American league games(Rays) and FxFl carries the National League games (Marlins)/

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Gold member

We get those stations but it's not enough for Ohioboy. For him, just getting the STO pre and post game, and all the other sports talk shows, etc., and Ohio High School football stuff in the fall, is worth the 12.99/mo fee.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
We get those stations but it's not enough for Ohioboy. For him, just getting the STO pre and post game, and all the other sports talk shows, etc., and Ohio High School football stuff in the fall, is worth the 12.99/mo fee.

Channel 654 should carry the Reds games vs Marlins and channel 653 should carry the Indians games vs Rays and your Ohio sports channels should televise the rest, correct?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzyb View Post
Channel 654 should carry the Reds games vs Marlins and channel 653 should carry the Indians games vs Rays and your Ohio sports channels should televise the rest, correct?
I wondered about your screen name. Did you borrow it from Marge's dog?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wondered about your screen name. Did you borrow it from Marge's dog?
No,I got it from my next door neighbor's German Shepard dog while still living in North Carolina.The dog's name was schotzy and I added the"b"

Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM

We buy the MLB internet feed radio broadcast of all baseball team games. It is $19.99 to listen to any team - but - we just listen to the Reds. There is just something about listening to Marty - and love listening to The Cowboy.
Go to MLB.com - and you can purchase the radio feed.

We love it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.