SCARY moment in Tampa FL last night

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Default SCARY moment in Tampa FL last night

Did anybody see the Tampa Bay Rays game? Alex Cobb got struck in the head by a line drive, it was a very frightening moment for baseball fans. I was in shock....

http://volublesports.com//index.php?topic=48.msg64#new
Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSurb View Post
Did anybody see the Tampa Bay Rays game? Alex Cobb got struck in the head by a line drive, it was a very frightening moment for baseball fans. I was in shock....

http://volublesports.com//index.php?topic=48.msg64#new
Yes, I was watching. It was awful. He got hit in the head by a ball going 102 mph. Early reports say he seems to be OK. Some of the players from both teams went to the hospital to visit him and said he was talking and joking around. I will be watching the game today to find out more. Hopefully he'll be back in the rotation soon. Also felt so bad for the batter. They interviewed him and he was very, very upset by the incident.
Glad the Rays won the game.

rayschic (female Tampa Bay Rays fan)
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Mild concussion, thank goodness. Absolutely amazing the injury was no worse. Cobb will be back in the lineup in no time, I bet.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I remember when it happened to Matt Clement when he was with the Red Sox. He to escaped relatively unscathed. It's surprising that these pitcher walk away from these incidents with minor injuries and Tony Conigliaro was almost killed by a pitched ball.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.