Our hair

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Last week hair color at Prof. Salon Academy

for $10 promotion, and I was there a little over 2 hours, which is a first....My only complaint, usually takes longer, although this time I was lucky, got a great hairdresser that was quick, unfortunately she will be graduating in 3 mo...Another promotion they were running last month, $5 pedicures, Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
wow maybe I'll give the shop in SS a try!! thanks for tips. I'm from NY and we paid $110.00 for cut, color and highlights and I thought that was HIGH!! But Fla is outrageous. The price I paid is what you'd pay walking into alot of these salons down here, the one in Colony Plaza, the one near Target, and the one I went to outside of villages on 466 called Chadios. My prediction is most of them will be out of business soon. The sun does fade our hair down here so we need it colored every 6 weeks and who has that kind of money in their budget? Of course I was going to a fellow who worked out of his home, had great prices and did a great job but he's out of bussiness because a neighbor reported him. Oh well, five yrs here still can't find a hairdresser.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM

My husband does mine also. Great, huh?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

I was so annoyed at the outrageous prices for cuts and coloring ($110 + tips...and I had to go every 3 weeks because my hair grows so fast down here), I finally gave up. I had my hair cut very short and, after today's cut (4th since I stopped coloring), I'll be back to my natural color, which is mostly salt, with a little pepper thrown in. Then, Cal's Barber Shop will have a new customer. I told the woman who did my hair in NYC, that I never imagined paying so much for my hair. Then again, I haven't found too many things that are less expensive down here than they were back in Queens (except gas).
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

When I get my hair colored, highlighted, cut, and styled it costs only $95 at Victoria's Hair Co. I recommend you give them a try.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM

where did you go?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM

But when you dont get a hair cut they still charge you for one.....I was going there....
Old 07-17-2012, 06:04 AM

Is Jutta still there??? I've been looking all over for her - she's the ONLY one who can do the cut I wear.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM

I went o Victoia th price was 86 for color cut and style and when I didnt want hair cu it was 81,who doesyour hair there?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Sage
Default Lesliejon Salon

I just got my hair cut twice in a week and a half. Once at Cal's in SS by Lucielle, which I had a cut (supposedly) and a highlight(supposedly). She did such a poor job on both that I went to Lesliejon Salon in Rolling Acres Plaza by Target yesterday for a repair cut. My stylist was Mark, they go by levels (which I don't really like) and Mark is a level one because he is new to the salon. He has been doing hair for years. He took his time, repaired the damage, and I was satisfied with his service. It took him an hour to cut and blow dry my hair which is a long time because I have pretty short hair. He charged 37. I think that is a lot only because where I used to live it only cost 18.00 and I loved the cut!!! I made another appointment with him because if he did that good of a job correcting someone else's mistake, then he's a good stylist.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I just got my hair cut twice in a week and a half. Once at Cal's in SS by Lucielle, which I had a cut (supposedly) and a highlight(supposedly). She did such a poor job on both that I went to Lesliejon Salon in Rolling Acres Plaza by Target yesterday for a repair cut. My stylist was Mark, they go by levels (which I don't really like) and Mark is a level one because he is new to the salon. He has been doing hair for years. He took his time, repaired the damage, and I was satisfied with his service. It took him an hour to cut and blow dry my hair which is a long time because I have pretty short hair. He charged 37. I think that is a lot only because where I used to live it only cost 18.00 and I loved the cut!!! I made another appointment with him because if he did that good of a job correcting someone else's mistake, then he's a good stylist.
Up here it also costs $15 to $18.......so you Florida gals are being overcharged for a fancy salon.

Gracie was right also, re the Florida sun fading out any hair color shade........

Florida prices seem to be the same as our cousins in New Jersey.......
One sister in law moved from northern New Jersey to South Carolina and couldn't get over how cheap it was to get her nails done and her hair cut, etc. in that state.....in the mountains of S.C. ....not the seashore.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 AM

I used to do an overall color to cover grey and highlights. I grew weary of the roots every three weeks and decided to go grey. Also, my hair wouldn't hold the "box" color any more. Took about 8 mos to totally grow out as I have shoulder length hair. Benefits: no hair color $$ and your hair grows in silky smooth just like when you were younger. Downside for me was that it grew in with lots of different colors and of course, the grey centered around my face. Not the color of the beautiful models on the "Going Grey" websites. Plus, I just felt older when I looked in the mirror.

My stylist came up with the idea of foregoing the overall color and adding two tones of highlights. It blends with the greys and the roots are almost unnoticeable. I can go 6 mos without recoloring and the sun doesn't fade the color.

Just my solution. Might work for you.

Last edited by CarolSells; 07-17-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I just had my hair colored, then highlighted, cut and styled by Erica at Victoria's on 466. It was $95. In NJ it used to cost me $125-$135. Gread job.
Really like Erica. She cuts and colors my hair too.
Tampa, FL
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
I used to do an overall color to cover grey and highlights. I grew weary of the roots every three weeks and decided to go grey. Also, my hair wouldn't hold the "box" color any more. Took about 8 mos to totally grow out as I have shoulder length hair. Benefits: no hair color $$ and your hair grows in silky smooth just like when you were younger. Downside for me was that it grew in with lots of different colors and of course, the grey centered around my face. Not the color of the beautiful models on the "Going Grey" websites. Plus, I just felt older when I looked in the mirror.

My stylist came up with the idea of foregoing the overall color and adding two tones of highlights. It blends with the greys and the roots are almost unnoticeable. I can go 6 mos without recoloring and the sun doesn't fade the color.

Just my solution. Might work for you.
I spent years coloring and perming my hair. Finally my hairdresser said,"You can have a Perm or a Color, not both." So I went with a color. I always went with a "lady-like" light brown. Then I began to notice that the color was changing to a not-so-lady-like brassy blonde after only a few weeks.

The brown was fading and the white hair was showing through. So I gritted my teeth and let it all grow out. Turns out I have pretty white in the front that shades to dark in the very back. I get compliments all the time! Who knew?

But there's more. Remember I mentioned all the perms? Well, my hair is now curly! It was stick straight all my life. Now at 68 it turns curly! I wash it. Put some moose on it. Let it dry. Comb it out and I'm done. The hair gods have blessed me.

So, Joaniesmom, what's the point? Ladies, give it a try. What's the worst that can happen? You won't like it. The best is that you will be freed from those overpriced "stylists."

Good luck!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM

Joaniesmom,

I love the ideas of curls again! You're very lucky!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 PM

I had my hait cut, colored and styled for $62.00 one week ago. Tiffany is the gal who did it on 441 in the strip mall behind Sonic... the place that has a HAIR sign in the window. There is a woman named Cathy (I think ) who has been doing this for 51 years and go figure... she hardly looks 50. She is a wiz at cutting and has the EYE for styling. Tell them RONI G. (the singer)sent you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.