ATTN: SANIBEL RESIDENTS Bright House Cable

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Veteran member
Default New Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
considering Bright House for our new home...would appreciate any feed back from actual "users" of this service in the new Villages section.
thanks
We are in Sanibel and have had Brighthouse for 4 days. So far it is better than Comcast that we had in a villa we rented for 5 months. I think the internet is faster than Verizon Fios. When we were looking for a provider Comcast & Century had steep installation fees. Brighthouse was free, no 1or 2 year contract required. Installer went above and beyond. I was also able to get a 2nd phone number for my Father who lives with us. Do not call the "800" number to get service. You need to call the salesman @ the top of this post.

Last edited by 2 Oldcrabs; 01-31-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Only Direct TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Does brighthouse in Sanibel offer the NFL channel? Where I live now they don't.
I purchased an "internet apps" TV and hope I can figure out how to watch my team next season.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 AM

Paul, I know there have been a lot of questions about where you may expand to after Sanibel. Seems logical that you might first continue in the new and developing villages south of 466A before possibly going to the "older" villages. Would that seem the most likely possibility to you?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Have you tried going to https://digitalnow.comcast.com/ and activating them yourself?

I have activated several neighbor's DTA boxes from my PC using this site.

The boxes have to be on and the TVs have to be tuned to channel 3.

Z
Oh Caveman, that's the FIRST thing I tried! For some strange reason the boxes they sent to me are not listed in their inventory. That's what's causing all the confusion. I tried to activate them one last time on Sunday, thinking that they wouldn't be busy on Sunday, and I have free weekend minutes on my cellphone.

Once again, it took 5 different transfers after each person guaranteed that THEY were the person I needed to talk to, and they would most definitely be able to activate my boxes. I was on hold with EACH person from 3 to 8 minutes until they came back on the line and explained that they couldn't do the activation. Each one ended their part of the call with the assurance that the next person would definitely be able to activate my boxes, and that Comcast support was there for me 24/7!

My final transfer was supposed to be (yet again) to Tech Support, went instead to Billing, and I got the message that the Billing department was closed and I should call back during regular business hours. Nooooooo!

That call took 57 minutes. I'm out of minutes for regular business hours, and I'm out of patience. Meanwhile, I can hum the Comcast 'on hold' song in my sleep, and I have almost memorized the serial numbers of the boxes.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Oh Caveman, that's the FIRST thing I tried! For some strange reason the boxes they sent to me are not listed in their inventory. That's what's causing all the confusion. I tried to activate them one last time on Sunday, thinking that they wouldn't be busy on Sunday, and I have free weekend minutes on my cellphone.

Once again, it took 5 different transfers after each person guaranteed that THEY were the person I needed to talk to, and they would most definitely be able to activate my boxes. I was on hold with EACH person from 3 to 8 minutes until they came back on the line and explained that they couldn't do the activation. Each one ended their part of the call with the assurance that the next person would definitely be able to activate my boxes, and that Comcast support was there for me 24/7!

My final transfer was supposed to be (yet again) to Tech Support, went instead to Billing, and I got the message that the Billing department was closed and I should call back during regular business hours. Nooooooo!

That call took 57 minutes. I'm out of minutes for regular business hours, and I'm out of patience. Meanwhile, I can hum the Comcast 'on hold' song in my sleep, and I have almost memorized the serial numbers of the boxes.
In that case, my suggestion would be to take the boxes and the documentation you got down to a Comcast office and explain it to them and get new boxes or let them figure it out.

Or talk them to give you a free house call to get them working.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott8147 View Post
Paul, I know there have been a lot of questions about where you may expand to after Sanibel. Seems logical that you might first continue in the new and developing villages south of 466A before possibly going to the "older" villages. Would that seem the most likely possibility to you?
That is what I would think. Again, I do not know as I have no access to the meetings where future strategies would be discussed, but yes, I would think and hope that would be the plan. I mean I would think that if they had good success in the new areas, then they would want to expand to try to get as many customers as possible. I know going into new areas is a huge undertaking, but I would guess that if the ends justified the means, any business would be all for it. I would also imagine if there are new areas being built that along or near our current service areas we would be all about trying to get our services in there before the builds are complete because it is much easier to be there in the beginning than to try to retrofit afterwards.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
From what I hear, I'm thrilled that I don't have to use Comcast!!! Yipee!
I have nothing but good to say about ComCast. Lost my phone they came right out found a bad outside line and within two hours all was well. the secret is that you have to use diplomacy.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Hello all! I know I am a little behind in getting this up and I do apologize, but below is a list of the new streets in the Village of Sanibel to which we can offer services. These should be most, if not all, of the new streets on the south side of Pinellas Pkwy. If you have questions or do not see your streets, don't hesitate to call, email, PM, or text. I am going to list the streets in alphabetical order to try to make it easier to find your street.

-Abaco Path
-Apollo Ln
-Ardsley Pl
-Avondale Ave
-Baffie Ct
-Belcherry Loop
-Beville Pl
-Bonifay Path
-Braddock Ct
-Burnett Ter
-Callahan Dr
-Embrook St
-Emory Av
-Enisgrove Way
-Eubanks Ln
-Evesborough Path
-Fenwick Loop
-Glendale Ln
-Highridge St
-Islawild Way
-Killington Loop
-Macarthur Ct
-Mayberry Ct
-Mayflower Loop
-Newbridge Pl
-Oldsmar Ter
-Quaint Ter
-Raven Croft Ter
-Sylewood Ave
-Ulehah St
-Vandeberg Ct
-Yarborough Way

All in all that is 32 new streets up and active. Thank you all so much for all of the responses and for the opportunity to help quite a few of you. I really appreciate it and look forward to helping as many people as possible in any way I can!

-Paul
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 PM

When will u be on allee lane ,village of sanibel
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

I believe they already are. I think these are additional. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
In that case, my suggestion would be to take the boxes and the documentation you got down to a Comcast office and explain it to them and get new boxes or let them figure it out.

Or talk them to give you a free house call to get them working.

Z
Why, oh why does it have to be so darn difficult! To take out the boxes means moving furniture, and my heavy lifter guy is back in Utah right now. And you say to talk to them? Talk? Hahahahahah!

Z, I get caught up in the loop of tech support people who just keep transferring me until somebody cuts me off. Free house call. Sure. Right. Maybe after HoneyBoy comes back to TV I can help him move the furniture, and we can take those unregistered boxes back to Comcast.

Meanwhile, we haven't had many channels on the bedroom tv's since before Christmas.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
I believe they already are. I think these are additional. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct, we do already offer services on Alee. Alee Ln was part of the original build. Thanks for the assist on this one!

0rps- If you would like to discuss options please call or email me. Hope to talk to you soon!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Default Expansion!

I finally have some news on expansion...

It has been brought to my attention by two recent customers that some of the new streets I listed are actually located in The Village of Fernandina. I was not aware these streets were in a different Village due to their proximity to Sanibel. Well, turns out I learned something new!

So.... Now it appears we offer services in The Village of Sanibel AND some of The Village of Fernandina!!

Thanks to those who caught that and have helped me along the way! I will keep posting any new updates I have.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHN Paul View Post
I finally have some news on expansion...

It has been brought to my attention by two recent customers that some of the new streets I listed are actually located in The Village of Fernandina. I was not aware these streets were in a different Village due to their proximity to Sanibel. Well, turns out I learned something new!

So.... Now it appears we offer services in The Village of Sanibel AND some of The Village of Fernandina!!

Thanks to those who caught that and have helped me along the way! I will keep posting any new updates I have.
Can you post the channel lineup available in Sanibel. Specifically, are you offering the NFL Channel?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Can you post the channel lineup available in Sanibel. Specifically, are you offering the NFL Channel?
RODIE - Unfortunately, we do not offer The NFL Network. I tried to post a PDF of the channel lineup for you, but it exceeds the size limits allowed by this site. If you use this link Channel Lineup | TV | Bright House Networks
and select sumter county in the service area box, it will pull up a channel lineup for you. I recommend clicking on the "view printable lineup" tab. That will make easier to see and read, plus will allow you to save a PDF copy to your computer. Any TV with a box will receive all the channels coded B, S, D, SDF, BDF, BHD, OD, D, and DHD. TVs without boxes will still receive all channels coded S and B. Let me know if you have any questions and I will help however I can.

*If you prefer to email me, I can email you back the PDF version if that is easier for you. *
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.