I had a strange dream last night

Old 12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Sage

A plate full of Krystals...........THAT will do it!!

Bill
Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I've read that you cannot dream a face you haven't seen. In other word, your subconscious can't just make up a face. I don't know.
That's an interesting point. If what happened was true (and that's a big IF) and I don't know the two people, where did I get the faces from?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
That's just creepy and weird....Next time post a happy dream!
I agree, it was creepy. My best dreams are when I feel weightless and I'm flying. But they are about as rare as the creepy ones.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Recalling your thread about the Christmas Parade at TV, the mischievous part of me wants to recommend that you might consider eating a little junk food now & then and you may have more "normal" dreams. (Speaking from experience).
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't eat junk food (that means no processed foods except extra virgin olive oil and Ezekiel bread). That may be difficult for most people to believe, but it's true. That's why I enjoy great drug free health at age 70.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Gold member

villagesPL, you sound like a very rigid person, I hope you enjoy your life. There are many many drug free villagers your age and older who love life, friends, sports and food. Moderation is the key to good health overall, not depervation.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
VillagesPL, You seem to only post disturbing type things. I hope these aren't representative of your daily thoughts because if they are you may need some help in striving for a more positive outlook on life.
You should try reading more of my posts. Or perhaps you're only using selective memory. The one about the Christmas parade was not negative in my opinion. It was constructive criticism. In other words, do the right thing and enjoy better health. Is that negative?

As far as me not having a positive outlook, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm the guy who once posted on the health board that I expect to break the world's record for longevity. And I expect to do it while enjoying good (drug free) health. (Now you can say I'm being overconfident.)

Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was thinking, and I mean this in the kindest way, that you may be depressed, and there is no shame in that as many of us have gone through similar times. Please talk to your doctor Villages Pl.
So, you think I'm depressed because I had a weird dream?

I'm giving you smiles all over the place but you're not believing it.

Okay, here's a joke especially for you, graciegirl: This guy goes to the doctor and says he's having trouble with his memory. So what does the doctor do? He makes the guy pay in advance! Ha!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
What's that?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
One thing I try to do when I have a dream is think about everything that occurred the previous days, I find that sometimes there is a connection to something I talked about, watched on tv or read about.
I don't have TV but I do read the Daily Sun and listen to the radio. The Daily Sun carries lots of stories of murder and mayhem. It's never ending, so there's always that possibiliy. I usually skip over most of those stories but just reading the headlines of those stories can put ideas into one's subconscious mind.

Here's a good question for a new thread: How can we stay informed about what's going on in the world, without cluttering up our minds with a lot of murder and mayhem?

Last edited by Villages PL; 12-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Not everything you dream is literal.
I agree. However, in the past I have had dreams about things that actually happened. For example, I dreamed that one of my aunts died. It was so real that I decided to document it by telling someone. So I told my mother. I told her that I didn't know which aunt it was, I only knew that it was one of them. So I asked her, "have any of them been sick?" She said no.

We were living in central Florida far from all of them. So I said, "lets just wait and if anything has happened, we'll hear about it." A few days went by and there was no word from anyone. Then on the third or fourth day we received a letter from one of my aunts in CT. She informed us that one of my aunts had died. She wrote about it in a letter because there was no urgency. The aunt that died was my father's sister-in-law and we had not been on speaking terms with any her family for many years. The bottom line is that I had the dream right around the time that my aunt went to the wake?. She waited before writing so she could include a "death card" with the letter and the letter took 3 or 4 days to arrive.

This was the one and only time I ever had such a dream of an aunt dying and it coincided with my aunt going to view the body. Some would say it was just a coincidence. But everytime I have had such a dream, it has turned out to be factual. Years later the same thing happened with another in-law, my sister's sister-in-law.

Last edited by Villages PL; 12-15-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
What's that?

Krystal's are little square burgers, akin to White Castles if you're familiar with them. Krystal restaurants are prevalent in the South - White Castles are mostly in the Midwest and over to NY and NJ.

www.krystal.com

Bill
Old 12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Krystal's are little square burgers, akin to White Castles if you're familiar with them. Krystal restaurants are prevalent in the South - White Castles are mostly in the Midwest and over to NY and NJ.

www.krystal.com

Bill
Oh! Thanks for the explanation. I did have some burgers at a White Castle in New Haven, CT back when I was in my early 20s. That was the one and only time. I went with a friend and we were amazed at how inexpensive they were. I think they were 4 for a dollar at that time.

In the spring of 2006, I started a vegan diet. So things are different now, but I will have some meat if I eat out. That's only once or twice a month.

Last edited by Villages PL; 12-15-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
It is my firm belief that dreams are a specific tool to help us navigate through our journeys. Much like 'gut instinct' is.
I agree with Uptown Girl. It is my firm belief that it is easiest for our spirit guides to communicate with us when we're in a deep sleep. And this provides guidance through our chosen journeys.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
villagesPL, you sound like a very rigid person, I hope you enjoy your life.
I am enjoying my life. I have everything.

Quote:
There are many many drug free villagers your age and older who love life, friends, sports and food.
I'm aware of that. I told the story on the health board of the couple (ages about 98 and 99) who said they were drug free. They are the ones I admire and look up to. They are my role models. This year I shook hands with a man who is 106 and I felt honored to do so. He was at a book signing for his book of poems.

Everything you said above fits my life. I love life, friends, sports and food. But I choose to eat healthy whole foods for two reasons. 1) I get tremendous enjoyment from doing so, and 2) I have learned from reading and personal experience that there's a great payoff, health wise.

Quote:
Moderation is the key to good health overall, not depervation.
The whole concept of moderation, as it is usually practiced, is a big fraud. It has come to mean moderation of junk food and it was first promoted by the food industry. What it means is: The average person is now eating junk food in moderation. It should be applied to natural whole foods. In which case, moderation would mean that you eat a wide variety of natural whole foods, rather than just eating potatoes, for example. But because the average person has become addicted to junk food, they now follow along and swear allegiance to it.

Yes, there are many older people who are drug free. However, there are many more who are not. By age 65, 9 out of 10 people take at least one medication. By age 75, the average person takes 3 or more medications. And 5 or 6 medications is not uncommon.

Last edited by Villages PL; 12-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Gold member
Default TV and Media

It seems we are being bombarded with the Penn State and Syracuse University investigations of Sexual misconduct by assistant Coaches.

Could you have been pondering this and the dream was a part of all the Media being presented? Your mind just working it out?

I was having sinkhole dreams until Gracie straightned me out.

Hope all the bad dreams go away. We all need a peaceful good nights sleep. As I should talk- iI am up at 12.37 typing away .

Better go to bed!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.