Anyone in TV from Akron Ohio

Old 12-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Smile Anyone in TV from Akron Ohio

Just wondering..we are planning a move to TV, and thought we might get some feedback from someone who has already made the move from our area. Thanks in advance. Condo Lady
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boomer and I live in Cincinnati. I grew up in Columbus. F16 lived in Dayton. I THINK Hawkwind is from the Northeast part of the state.

There are MANY many Ohioans in The Villages.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Smile Ohio friends

Thanks, good to know there are many from Ohio..glad to meet you.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

I'm from Steubenville,Ohio.
Welcome.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Gold member
Default relocating from Ohio

I have what I thought was a cute story from a greeter (from Columbus, OH) we met at the new residents' breakfast. She was single (either divorced or widowed, don't know, doesn't matter), mother of 2, grandmother of 4, retired from her 2nd career in Columbus. Spent her time mostly ferrying school-age grandchildren to/from soccer, etc. and babysitting while their parents went on various vacations.

visited friend or relative in the Villages for like 1 week (ok, maybe 2), no intention of doing anything but taking a vacation - bought a house, flew back home, stopped at Kinko's on her way and bought a FSBO sign, stuck it in her yard, got her house in contract in like 2 days (this was 4 years ago, remember), and when her kids called to ask about her vacation, said it was great, and she was moving in 6 weeks!

Kids were shocked, but dealt with it (no other choice) and 6 mos or so later she was living in the Villages and working part-time for the rec dept, having a blast. Said her kids now went on family vacations together, with all the kids, have reconnected, come to visit, as do the grandkids, and everyone is happier, including her. Said she's in a wonderful, friendly neighborhood, included in all kinds of things, and extremely happy.

Just another fairly typical story of how someone ended up in TV. Just thought I'd throw this in to say don't be afraid to try. you will most likely love it, and if you don't, what's the worst thing that could happen? You could move back. But, if you're like the vast majority, you won't - you'll wish you'd done it sooner.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

We do not own in TV at this point. We just want to be snowbirds and so we would not be selling the Ohio house. But I do have a pretty good feel for TV.

And I think there might even be two Ohio clubs in TV because there are so many Buckeyes I guess.

It used to be said that the Ohio people tended to migrate to the gulf coast, along with others from the Midwest. But now I think there are lots of Buckeyes in TV. All those Buckeyes can wave to all those Michiganders headed in the same direction, down I-75. Good luck on your journey.

Boomer
Old 12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

Condo Lady
I live in Uniontown Ohio and have sent you a private message.

Last edited by Hawkwind; 12-16-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:44 PM

Condo Lady, my husband is originally from Canton, but has lived and worked in Akron. We also lived in N. Canton for several years.

We LOVE living in TV.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Born in Akron, went to school in Greensburg and the pool/lake in Uniontown for many years. Now in S. Florida and hope to be in TV in the next 2-3 years. Never went to any high school reunions, wonder how many I will meet up with in TV?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMc View Post
Born in Akron, went to school in Greensburg and the pool/lake in Uniontown for many years. Now in S. Florida and hope to be in TV in the next 2-3 years. Never went to any high school reunions, wonder how many I will meet up with in TV?
Clearwater or Lake Kim Tam?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Default fellow buckeye

We are from Madison Ohio and maintain our house there. My daughter spent 8 years at Akron University. Welcome to the Villages. We are snowbirds and are new to the Villages. We have not met too many people yet.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage

Hi Condo Lady,

I'm not from Ohio, but Buckeyes Gracie, Boomer, F16, Hawkeye, Mintjulep, Ohiogirl (love that story!) et. al. are some of the nicest TOTV'ers I haven't met yet (but sure hope to real soon).

One thing I've learned from TOTV: Buckeyes are beautiful! The more the merrier. Welcome to TV!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Moved from Solon/Beachwood area 18 years ago to S. Florida. Visited the Villages one weekend and immediatly put our Boca Raton condo up for sale.

This place is great. Plenty of Ohio people and a very nice Ohio club meets every month.

You wont regret it.

Jerry
(CM) Boston, Ma.
(JM)(CM)Boca Raton, FL.
(CM/JM)TV-Largo(CM/JM)
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Default Condo Lady

Came down here to buy and rent out a house buy fell in love with the Villages 14 years ago. Lived in Brunswick and my son lives in Canton that we visit 3 times a year to see our grandkids. Good luck and hope to see you in the Villages soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Hi..we are from Toledo. We just closed on our house in tv and are trying real hard to sell our house in Toledo. Hope to be down there soon!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.