New years eve 2009

Old 10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Default New years eve 2009

We are wondering if anyone has heard of what is going on for New Years Eve?
Anything local.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,016 Times in 1,205 Posts
Default new years eve 2009

A few years ago Rocky and the Rollers played at the square until midnight. We had lots of fun. But that has been stopped. Don't know of anything in TV. We are taking a cruise out of Tampa 30 Dec - 3 Jan on Royal Carrribean. Last year it was a bore here on New Years eve
Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM

I understand New Year's eve festivities were curtailed when too many non-residents became boisterous in Spanish Springs. Residents complained and Lady Lake police felt it stretched their resources too thin.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 PM

I've also heard that explanation. If true, I think the Villages shoule deal with the "non-residents" if they're from the area, instead of penalizing the residents on a potential fun night. It might be a good opportunity not to roll up the sidewalks at 9:00. Also, this year, there seem to be more opportunities to celebrate with live entertainment in the restaurants around the square after 9:00. I don't think it has to be boring. I hope not!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM

St. Pete has a First Night event on New Year's Eve. If you're interested, google it. There are all kinds of things going on including a Cajun dance. If you want to learn to Cajun dance (very easy and fast to learn) come to one of our sessions. 2nd Weds. 7-8:30pm or 4th Fri. 3-4:30pm at Truman Center. Come have some fun with us. If you have questions, give me a call 753-6381.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Eternal Member

The last 2 years we went to Urban Flats for their New Year's Bash. Had a great time both years. This year we are going to Katie Belles. First time for this. It's quite pricey, but Rocky & The Rollers are there. It will be a long night with great food & the best entertainment in the Villages.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.