From a Snowball to a Frog

Old 12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default From a Snowball to a Frog

I don't know if I've posted this here months ago, but with our closing on our NY home this afternoon I thought this would be an opportune time to present this short-short story. I hope you'll enjoy it!
When we were looking for our home we only had three mandatory requirements with one being that the house has a roof on it. We figured that without one, the air conditioning bills would be astronomical and that it would take a lot of mopping whenever it rained. On the other hand the heating bills would be non-existent during certain times during the year, especially when it wasn't cloudy.
The Villages Florida
The second requirement was that there be doors so that we wouldn't have to use windows to get in and out. If we had to use the windows we would consistently be getting finger print smudges on the panes that we would consistently be cleaning. The bills for just the Windex alone would have been unbelievable. Don't even speak to me about the wear and tear on the blinds!

The last requirement was that the house was accessible by car... and I don't mean golf car. Not only would a park and walk by trail have been a deal breaker for me, but the time it would take to get to the car and a restaurant when I'm hungry would have been unacceptable!

The Villages Florida

We really had no hard and fast requirements when we were looking. Our main concern was that it be suitable should we decide to live here permanenly. We hadn’t decided if we would be froggies or flip-floppies! We would of course like such things as a golf or water view, golf car garage and lots of space, but we also had to temper our ravanous desires with down to earth reality.

We were never to TV before, and while looking at what was available online we started to become concerned that homes that we seriously liked may not be available by the time we would arrive for our lifestyle. So we asked friends that already lived in TV to be our advisors and eyes. We first saw a condo around SS that looked interesting and they were already familiar with what we were looking at, and advised us against it explaining why.

Our friends then started looking at pre owned designers that we were interested in. So as we found what we were interested in, they went to see the place with our agent and reported back to us. We literally started in the north-west corner of TV around the Lopez area where they advised us against the first two we had them look at.

We then became very interested in one that was more centralized. I showed beautifully on the TV website, but on closer examination they told us that they noticed a lot of problems and especially for us there was too much landscaping to try and keep up with. Oh well!

The Villages Florida

The next was a house on Maverick in Hadley. They called us from the house and said that it looked good but that our agent suggested that we look at one near where we were. So they headed to the south eastern part of Hadley to look at a Gardenia.

From the Gardenia house they again called us and said that the house was unfortunately no longer available... then said "We loved it so much that we're buying it!" Needless to say they were just kidding around and we both cracked up laughing!

The Villages Florida
"ROTFLMAO"

The Gardenia had an expanded garage and master bedroom, it had a roman bath, but it didn't have a golf car garage, swimming pool, sauna or a bowling alley. No big deal though! At least he garage was expanded…. right... 4 feet… big deal when you’ll need to park two tanks and a golf cart! Anyway, the back yard was large enough that you didn't have to worry about opening you lanai door and being so close to your neighbor that they could open their lanai door and we'd be close enough experience a moment of osculation!

To make a long story less long, we made our proffer on the Gardenia, negotiated an acceptable price and all paperwork was processed by the time we arrived in TV… and we closed on the next day! The rest is history now and we're happy... except maybe for there being no GC garage or bowling alley! Oh well, can't have everything!

"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage
Default re: closing this afternoon!

Mazol Tov, Sky!

But, um... that's from a snowflake to a frog.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage

Hooray!!! You might still look like this for a while since you're only a new froggie....but soon, those little white "flakes" will fade and you'll green over ....

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.