too old?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Veteran member
Cool seniorcitizen.........

If you'd like to share your anti inflammatory diet (menu, etc.) please do.
Probably you avoid all foods from the "nightshade family" of veggies??? Thanks.....

seniorcitizen....... I do try to avoid the nightshade veggies and I'm very dedicated to my anti-inflammatory "diet" because it works for me; I don't take any prescribed drugs and have significantly reduced my cholesterol to 174. I won't bore everyone here, so I'll send you a private message with my eating plan. or maybe I'll write a blog about it
Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNYMARYANN View Post
Well that does it! You all have me convinced that we would fit in well. Actually we moved to Lousiana from Mexico Beach Florida thirty days prior to Katrina which flooded our new home. We had lived in Florida ten years and also were stationed at Tyndall AF Base for three years so we are very well acquainted with the summer heat and humidity. I miss that emerald green water and white sand beach but not the hurricanes.

We had a pretty active social life there and some of our friends are already in The Villages in Hemingway just waiting for us old foggies to get this house sold. As I sit here the Pearl River is flooding only a mile away and if we dont take on water that will be a good selling point !

I dont have knee problems cause mine are shiney titanium steel and great. My feet belong to my grandma and I have my moms face and my Aunt Helen's butt but the rest of me is genuine. Well, not the teeth or hearing aid or glasses or hair color etc. You know what I mean.
Oh, Sunny, we're following your flooding issue with you and are praying for the best outcome. Please hurry to TV, we need you here, your sense of humor and genuine friendliness that we feel on the chatroom and I don't care if you stole Aunt Helen's butt, buttt how does she sit anymore.

Good luck, my friend, we'll keep in touch. You can always come live with me. There's plenty of room you know.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Age is a state of mind..

As senior says (I paraphrase), who understood that getting older would have you feeling like you were run over by a truck every morning?

We recently sold our home in Conn. At the time we bought I was in my 40s the youngest of our close friends in the neighborhood. Our friends and neighbors were 50 -60 and -70 somethings. Age didn't matter - kindness and joie de vivre did!

In our new home (closing next week, yay), we hope to be so fortunate again to find friends of all ages.

K
Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 AM

SUNNYMARYANN,
There is no such thing as "TOO OLD". Get yourselves to TV. I will become a resident on June 28th, If there is anything you guys need, drop me a note, I'll be there.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.