church recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default church recommendation

We will have a chance to attend church at our next visit sooo was hoping someone could recommend the perfect church. The Villages is perfect so here is what I would consider my perfect church:

A pastor that preaches from the Bible say like Chuck Swindoll or John MacArthur ,

Music say like Brooklyn Tabernacle and or the Gaithers with some Darlene Chek included

Congregation lively growing, friendly and Christ centered.

Ok, so maybe that church only exists in heaven; but if you have a good church could you give me the info?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Clarification on "THE PERFECT CHURCH"...there isn't such a thing! Just a gathering place for "imperfect people"!

That been said there are many good churches in the area. I know of one that has some of what you ask for here...It's Village View Community Church. If you go to the 8:00 a.m. service it will afford you some Gaither type (southern Gospel) type worship. The other services are electic contemporary worship. Not sure you're find anything in the area that compares to Brooklyn Tab type music...haven't heard of any. Maybe someone else can share.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum member

If you're church shopping be sure to worship at New Covenant United Methodist:
http://www.newcovenantumc-fl.org/
Tampa, FL
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Village View Community Church gets my recommendation.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Agree with the previous comment about the perfect church. Having said that, try Fairway Christian Church on 466 just east of Morse beside the Lutheran Church. They have multiple services, including a Sat evening gathering. They have a contemporary service as well as a traditional service (4 each Sunday AM) so you can pick your preference. They always have an ad in the Daily Sun and that gives a bit about their services, etc. A independent bible believing non-denominational church, that is growing , which indicates they must be doing something right for villagers. Finding a Christ centered church was our goal when we moved here and Fairway more than exceeds that.

http://www.fairwaycc.org/
Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

I smiled at your post about looking for the perfect church. I know you were being a bit humorous.

It reminded me of the old saying that if you ever find a perfect church, do not go there, because as soon as you walk in the door, it will no longer be perfect.

A healthy church is more a hospital for sinners more then a museum for saints.

We too will be full time Floridians soon, and are looking for a church, probably more south then TV. I hope to find a church with contemporary praise and worship, good solid apologetic teaching, good small groups and good fellowship. A coffee bar would be a plus.

So far we have found the churches we've visited have mostly Gaither-ish southern gospel, choirs, etc. For us a bit of that is ok, but we have to have a steady amount of contemporary praise and worship.

I'm sure we will find the right place. Good luck in your quest!

Frank
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
If you're church shopping be sure to worship at New Covenant United Methodist:
http://www.newcovenantumc-fl.org/
Avista,

What do you like about New Covenant's worship services? Does New Covenant have volunteer outreach opportunities available? What kind of music is sung -- traditional, contemporary or a mix of both? I sing in the choir at my church up north so just wondering...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Avista,

What do you like about New Covenant's worship services? Does New Covenant have volunteer outreach opportunities available? What kind of music is sung -- traditional, contemporary or a mix of both? I sing in the choir at my church up north so just wondering...
New Covenant has quite a mix of worship services. It is a large church with many small groups. And..we don't have a coffee bar yet, but one is coming as we build. Currently have a "coffee table"
Thursday evening 6:30 is The Beach This is a family friendly relaxed worship.

Saturday at 5pm there is a contemporary service. This is pretty much relaxed too. Prior to the service is an interesting class called The Wired Word. Current issues are discussed from a Christian perspective. The class is held in the Chapel. Also Sat at 5pm there is Saturday Children's Church.

Sunday morning Children's church is @ 9:15,

We have a "Blended" service on Sunday mornings @
7:45, 9:00, 10:15, and 11:30

As for Christian Education classes for adults
they are Sundays;
9am Faith Bible Class Epiphany Now and Then in The Chapel

9am ANEW A never Ending Walk Quarterly: Isaiah/Mark Classroom 2

Pathfinder's Class What Does the Lord Require of You Classroom 1
10:15 Same in Classroom 2

10:15 Grace Seekers 1 Gospel according to John. Many people attend this class given by Gary Cantrell. Given in Chapel
You will find it Broadcast on the web site.
11:30 Same class is repeated by Gary in classroom 1
The church is bursting out of its seams and there will be some building going on soon.

We usually stop at SonRise cafe (Near PUblix on 466 for breakfast east morning at 8am and then go to New Coverant's 9am service. We get to church early for a seat. All churches should have this probem

Yes we have Many choir opportunities and a wonderful music director.

The opportunity for service is great. As stated in the mission statement, "We are Jesus Christ's hands and feet in this world" More info on this on the web site.

One of my husbands favorite things is the Wed AM Men's Prayer Breakfast.

There are both men's and women's golf. Also Bridge and Pickleball.
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Avista; 03-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Smile Exceeds what we hoped to find

Fairway Christian. The Holy Spirit's presence is palpable (goosebumpy) in the soaring music, clear and relevant-to-daily-life teaching from Scripture, and in the moving, spontaneous, and emotional prayers.

Everyone stands and sings joyfully, and nobody seems to be itchin' to leave early...to the contrary, so many stay and chat in the entrance afterward that their happiness is contagious and we stay longer too.

Boredom, itchin' to get out, and grim, morbid faces in a church are not consistent with the Spirit truly being present and illuminating and opening the people's minds/hearts.

"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,....." Gal. 5:22
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
We will have a chance to attend church at our next visit sooo was hoping someone could recommend the perfect church. The Villages is perfect so here is what I would consider my perfect church:

A pastor that preaches from the Bible say like Chuck Swindoll or John MacArthur ,

Music say like Brooklyn Tabernacle and or the Gaithers with some Darlene Chek included

Congregation lively growing, friendly and Christ centered.

Ok, so maybe that church only exists in heaven; but if you have a good church could you give me the info?

Thanks
I can recommend Amazing Grace Lutheran Church without reservation. It is a Missouri Synod church which makes it a very Christ centered, bible based church.
It is a new, small, growing, friendly, enthusiastic house of worship which has become a very comfortable church home for my wife and me in a short period of time. We do a great deal of work in the local community and you won't find a more welcoming, friendly congregation anywhere. We have gifted pastor who is fine preacher and a great shepherd for us all.
We looked around for a place of worship on each visit to TV and found several churchs where we felt comfortable. Then we visited Amazing Grace and knew, without a doubt, that we had found our home.
If you would like to visit our church when you are in the area you are welcome to come with us.
Hope I'm not coming across as being pushy or preachy because that is not my intent but we do feel blessed to be part of this congregation.
Services are Sundays at 7:45 and 10:00 A.M.

Last edited by bluedog103; 03-04-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Veteran member

Back to Villlage View Community Church. Bible is taught, care-groups, LOTS of opportunities for serving, Bible studies, great worship experience, very friendly (though large), has what they call Sonshine Cafe...coffee, tea, hot chocolate, donuts, cookies, yogurt, fresh fruit, cheese/crackers. It's located just outside of The Villages in Summerfield at 8585 SE 147th Place off from 441/27 north on the way to Belleview. It is also multi-generational!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default I'll check them out...any more?

You all are giving me some hope here of finding a good church. I will check out these rec and their websites.

Yes, Faithful Frank you are right...I was trying to be facetiuos about the "perfect" church..... hahahaha. Seems Frank needs to still find a church south of TV. Anyone have any ideas? Also I would welcome more thoughts. Although it does sound like there are some good choices here.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage

Avista, You are are excellent recruiter for New Covenant. I'm planning on renting in TV for a week this July, and I hope to be able to check out your church during my all-too-brief visit.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Gold member
Default Would you want to go to this SNL church?

I missed this on the news but someone from out of town forwarded this to me. Would you want to go to this church?

http://www.wftv.com/news/27060395/detail.html

http://http://www.wftv.com/news/27060395/detail.html
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 PM

I attend Heritage Community when I am in The Villages. I found it two years ago and love going there. http://theheritagecommunity.org/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.