Southern Baptist Church?

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!
Default Southern Baptist Church?

Is there a Southern Baptist Church in TV? Thanks! Army Guy
Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Gold member

Bump!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Hey bud, I think I called up mapquest (or use any of the mapping sites) and put in The Villages, FL and "church" under the business name, and it kicked up 20 or so on the map, which included a couple Baptist Churches. I'm not in Fla at the moment, so can't tell you more, but I do remember that.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Gold member

John, thanks! I didn't think of that, I will also try it.

Army Guy
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Default The Village of Grace is a Southern Baptist Church

The Village of Grace is a TRADITIONAL church plant sponsored by the Florida Baptist Convention.

By traditional we mean that the church's music programs consist of traditional hymns (not a traditional and a contemporary service and not a "blended" service). The pastor preached from the same King James Bible that we all grew up with.

To visit the church's website just type Village of Grace Baptist Church into google.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastored View Post
The Village of Grace is a TRADITIONAL church plant sponsored by the Florida Baptist Convention.

By traditional we mean that the church's music programs consist of traditional hymns (not a traditional and a contemporary service and not a "blended" service). The pastor preached from the same King James Bible that we all grew up with.

To visit the church's website just type Village of Grace Baptist Church into google.
Here comes the holier than thou stuff.

The lyrics of this hymn have always been a favorite of mine, and we sing it in "blended" non-denominational services, too.

"Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.....

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/u/justasam.htm
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Default Immanuel Baptist Church

If you are looking for a small, very friendly traditional Southern Baptist church, visit Immanuel Baptist Church. You'll find a warm welcome there. We'll be in our new building Oct. 1, 2012 - until then we meet at the Lady Lake Seventh Day Adventist Church. For address, service times & additional info, go to www.ibctv.org.
Hope to see you there!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 AM
The Wooz

We just moved here a couple of weeks ago and went to "Village of Faith Baptist Church" in Wildwood. We're in VO St. James and it's really close for us. We love the music. It's more of a Gaither - Southern Gospel style. Very nice people and pastor. It's also a Southern Baptist church. We like itand will probably make it our home church.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM

I also give a thumbs up for Immanuel Baptist Church. The first service at the new building on CR 102 will be August 5th. Turn off of 466 onto CR101 at CVS, continue past Parkwood to the end and you make a left on Cr102. Church is on right about 300 yards down. Nice friendly people who will welcome you. Great pastor and ass't pastor.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:44 PM

I think you would like first baptist of the villages it is a awesome church and the pastor knows how to preach the word of god
Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Default Southern Baptist Church

Immanuel Baptist Church in The Villages is a part of the Southern Baptist Convention. Pastor Jerry Montgomery and Assoc. Pastor Mike Dameron are the leaders. It is a small, very friendly church (IMHO). We looked around at several Baptist and non-denom churches and felt most at home and welcome at Immanuel Baptist. They just recently moved into their newly
built church home. Here is their website: Home . . . check it out and try a visit.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewater12 View Post
I think you would like first baptist of the villages it is a awesome church and the pastor knows how to preach the word of god
First Baptist is Southern Baptist and located in north TV just off Rt. 42. and west of Buena Vista Blvd. It is assessable by golf cart. I know some Southern Baptist who go into First Baptist Leesburg which is located on US 27 in Leesburg. There are many Bible preaching churches in and around TV and they include many with music that is traditional in nature and many have services that are contemporary in nature. Something for everyone!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM
The Wooz

Try "Village of Faith Baptist Church". They are Southern Baptist affiliated and the friendliest church I've found. Their music has a southern gospel flair to it - like the Bill Gaither video's and WE LOVE IT!! The pastor used to sing with a road quartet and is a super piano picker.
They have Bible study during the week at various people's home and the Sunday service begins @ 10:30am. They're located on CR 462 between 466A and 301 in Wildwood. We live in the Village of St. James and it's about 4 miles for us.

Last edited by The Wooz; 09-01-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: forgot to include location
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Smile Southern Baptist Church

A good one is First Baptist Church at The Villages, located on Hwy. 42, just behind the Village of Calumet.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM

We tried a lot of the churches in the area the first three years of being here and have settled down the last two years at Adamsville Baptist Church in Wildwood. It's a traditional SB church with the friendliest folks we found and lots of kids. It's on 468 and about 10 minutes or so from Brownwood. There are only 3 couples from The Villages going there with many of the people coming from the small towns outside of The Villages which was a draw for us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.