What Gift are you giving the Child Jesus?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Default What Gift are you giving the Child Jesus?

Most of us have spent at least a part of this season preparing meals, planning get togethers, and of course shopping for gifts. Maybe we have asked God recently for help for ourselves or loved ones. Asking God for things is easy. Giving something to him is an altogether different story, and often neglected or forgotten during these busy times.
The Magi got it right. They didn't ask the newborn Christ for anything. They brought Him gifts instead. Even the Little Drummer Boy gave what he could.
What will you give God on His birthday?
A very merry and blessed Christmas to all! I pray you spend some time in being with Jesus because in the end, all he wants is you.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Great post......good thought upon which to reflect. Merry Christmas, PhillyJC.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:49 PM

Going to Candle Light Service at 5:00PM. Just a way for us to reflect back on his birth and I am sure he is pleased we remember him. Always thank him for the many good things he has brought into my life.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Sage

i don't go buying gifts for Christmas...feel it should be a spiritual time...just returned from beautiful vigil mass at our new church, flowers, music, inspiring words...more of a gift to me really, but then Jesus is with me all year, isn't He? and with you, too! it is hard to outdo Him in gifts
Old 12-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Sage

Your question reminded me of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9nK_9OBDg

Merry Christmas.
Peace.
B.K.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:57 AM

A kind gesture or gift to others however large or small is giving to Christ but hopefully this season I've given at least a few times to someone who may be lonely or without. God doesn't want our gifts but our heart...however you may conceive God.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Your question reminded me of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9nK_9OBDg

Merry Christmas.
Peace.
B.K.
I'm sorry I didn't see this video until now. Very moving, and although the theme is Christmas, the message is appropriate anytime. How small every day kindnesses can touch lives - brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the post!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.