Long Island Club a big success.

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Platinum member
Default Long Island Club a big success.

Not sure how many people showed up but a quick head count showed close to 60 people. Considering it was arranged under short notice and schedules conflicted with many Islanders who couldn't make it under short notice and that the snowbird season is not yet in full bloom the crowd was good.

Overwhelmed with everything, I failed to take pictures. Me bad! Hopefully this club can continue next year with a more organized structure and do things as a group. If any Long Islanders wish to be added to the mailing list or if they know someone who might be please send a PM to me with email info, towns on LI you lived, the village you live now, interests, and phone number.

It was also great to meet so many TOTV people in person.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Default LI

Yes, Tommy - I t was a HUGE success! Great bunch of people and good time was had by all, I thought. Thank you again for reviving it!

Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Not sure how many people showed up but a quick head count showed close to 60 people. Considering it was arranged under short notice and schedules conflicted with many Islanders who couldn't make it under short notice and that the snowbird season is not yet in full bloom the crowd was good.

Overwhelmed with everything, I failed to take pictures. Me bad! Hopefully this club can continue next year with a more organized structure and do things as a group. If any Long Islanders wish to be added to the mailing list or if they know someone who might be please send a PM to me with email info, towns on LI you lived, the village you live now, interests, and phone number.

It was also great to meet so many TOTV people in person.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
Yes, Tommy - I t was a HUGE success! Great bunch of people and good time was had by all, I thought. Thank you again for reviving it!

Mary
I was there too and agree good people and a good time. lets keep this going. Looking forward to many more meetings.
Thanks Tom
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Thank you for all your hard work, Dianne also! It was a great success, just wish we had a microphone, some LI were so soft spoken. Looking forward to a full compliment club. Great job and great turnout!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

I tried to locate a microphone but none was available. I agree some people spoke softly (never my problem) and they couldn't be heard on the other side of the room. It was great that a few people met friends/ working associate from their younger days and they never realized that they too lived in TV. I just regret not taking pictures. The room Was at its occupancy limits. Thanks for every one who came.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Sage

Tom I think we need to set the next get together so folks can plan.

How about January????
Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Tom I think we need to set the next get together so folks can plan.

How about January????
Sounds great but maybe something in December as well ?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Platinum member

Please do so. I will not be around until, sometime in January. But if someone else wishes to take over...fantastic. I am waiting for updated email list that Bob logged into his laptop. Once I receive the list, I can add those names that did not attend the recent meeting. I have also received a few new names that just read about the meeting on TOTV. Once I gather a complete member list I will send some sort of a news letter to all as we search for ideas for future meetings. If someone can put something together beforehand, I will be there in spirit. You don't need me there to make it happen.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM

Hi:

We would love to join the Long Island Club. We live in Seaford and will be spending 6 months a year in the Villages. Please let us know how we can sign up.
Thank you.

JoAnn
Old 11-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Sage

Tom, just need to add a few names, anyone wishing to get on the email list PM or email your

name
address
Village
Email
Location on LI
Interests golf, dance, pickle ball etc.

Maybe we can form some foursomes or partners with other Long Islanders

tks
Bob
Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Tom, just need to add a few names, anyone wishing to get on the email list PM or email your

name
address
Village
Email
Location on LI
Interests golf, dance, pickle ball etc.

Maybe we can form some foursomes or partners with other Long Islanders

tks
Bob
Send those names to me via my email and I can fill out the email list. Me might be approaching 80 members. Maybe more.

And as far as the golf foursomes go, I'm ready. If any one wishes to get together and play a round I'm in. Can you arrange it Bob
Even on a small scale for starters. I can do any day this week except Saturday and We'd of next.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.