The Villages Wine Club

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Default The Villages Wine Club

At last I am working on getting the Villages Wine Club started. Last year was quite hectic considering my move from the Wine Country of California to The Villages. I wanted to wait until I had sufficient time to organize the wine club. Now that I have time, I want to update my mailing list of all those that would be interested in participating in a wine club here in The Villages. Please respond if you still have an interest. Sorry for the long delay but better late than never. Respond to fredwms47@gmail.com

Fred Williams
Old 12-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Default Villages Wine Club

A wine club usually consists of 6-12 couples in each group. Each couple agrees to host a wine tasting 1-2 times a year depending on how many couples are in the group. The host determines the type of wine to be tasted (Merlott, Chardonnay, Champagne, etc.). Each couple brings the wine chosen by the host in a brown paper bag to hide the winery. Members vote on each bottle to be sampled with a score of 1-5 (5 being best) and put their answers in a bowl to be tallied by the host. After all bottles are sampled the results are read by the host and the paper bags are removed to expose the wineries. It is fun to find out the good and bad wines and often 2 or more bottles are identical with different scores. The host will usually serve cheese and crackers while the guests enjoy the remainder of the sampled wines.

We have enough interest for several different wine groups in the Villages Wine Club. We hope you will join us when we have an organizational meeting in January. Let us know is you want to be on the invitational list. Email: fredwms47@gmail.com

Fred Williams

Last edited by Fredwms; 12-10-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
wine, villages, club, respond, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.