Wine club anyone??

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Default Wine club anyone??

Hello everyone!! Moved from PA to FL about 3 months ago. Looking to join a wine club. If anyone has information,please let me know. Thanks. Clara:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Me to. And if none around, lets start one.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Sage

I have no info about an existing club, but my wife and I would be interested too.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There goes the idea of having y'all over for Kool Aid.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

From List of Clubs

Wine Talk 2ndTH X6,7,8@7PM Bacall
Giorgio Masini 1390 Chesterfield Lane (352) 430-0026 The Villages, FL 32162
Old 09-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

There was a wine club started and sent in our paperwork to join the club. Never heard a thing after that not sure if it became exclusive for it just fizzled out. And I did an impromptu wine gathering last October everyone had a great time will be doing it again this year inviting those who came last year and anyone knew who would like to attend. It's simple bring a bottle of your favorite wine and appetizer to go with it and two wine glasses
Old 09-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I also sent in my paperwork twice for that wine club you mentioned and offered to help organize it. Let me know when you do yours, we can try to put something together after that if you want. jane032657@aol.com
Old 09-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

There was a thread that started in June of 2015 and it was closed by admin in April of this year and had 82 replys. The OP, a poster named Fredwms, wrote on the last page in April that 35 couples have responded and he was working on a meeting. He left this email address:

fredwms47@gmail.com

Here is a link to the thread

No Wine Club in TV?
Old 09-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
There was a thread that started in June of 2015 and it was closed by admin in April of this year and had 82 replys. The OP, a poster named Fredwms, wrote on the last page in April that 35 couples have responded and he was working on a meeting. He left this email address:

fredwms47@gmail.com

Here is a link to the thread

No Wine Club in TV?
Yep that's the club no response once you sent paperwork. There were quite a few who had the same experience. That's the reason I had people over, with no pressure on wine knowledge.

TV has the privilege of four Somm's that I know of, who live in TV.

Many are looking for a great wine gathering, not blind tasting every month to see who knows more.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:07 PM

We are interested in a wine club if anyone knows of one, or just gathering of other Villagers who enjoy wine. Wine Talk is meeting November and January.

Thanks!

Kathy & Alan Vicory
Village of Hemingway
kvicory@gmail.com
Old 09-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Gold member
Default Wine club

We are interested too!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandClara View Post
Hello everyone!! Moved from PA to FL about 3 months ago. Looking to join a wine club. If anyone has information,please let me know. Thanks. Clara:
At last I am working on getting the Villages Wine Club started. Last year was quite hectic considering my move from the Wine Country of California to The Villages. I wanted to wait until I had sufficient time to organize the wine club. Now that I have time, I want to update my mailing list of all those that would be interested in participating in a wine club here in The Villages. Please respond if you still have an interest. Sorry for the long delay but better late than never. Respond to fredwms47@gmail.com

A wine club usually consists of 6-12 couples in each group. Each couple agrees to host a wine tasting 1-2 times a year depending on how many couples are in the group. The host determines the type of wine to be tasted (Merlott, Chardonnay, Champagne, etc.). Each couple brings the wine chosen by the host in a brown paper bag to hide the winery. Members vote on each bottle to be sampled with a score of 1-5 (5 being best) and put their answers in a bowl to be tallied by the host. After all bottles are sampled the results are read by the host and the paper bags are removed to expose the wineries. It is fun to find out the good and bad wines and often 2 or more bottles are identical with different scores. The host will usually serve cheese and crackers while the guests enjoy the remainder of the sampled wines.

We have enough interest for several different wine groups in the Villages Wine Club. We hope you will join us when we have an organizational meeting in January. Let us know is you want to be on the invitational list. Email: fredwms47@gmail.com

Fred Williams

Last edited by Fredwms; 12-10-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:52 PM

At last I am working on getting the Villages Wine Club started. Last year was quite hectic considering my move from the Wine Country of California to The Villages. I wanted to wait until I had sufficient time to organize the wine club. Now that I have time, I want to update my mailing list of all those that would be interested in participating in a wine club here in The Villages. Please respond if you still have an interest. Sorry for the long delay but better late than never. Respond to fredwms47@gmail.com

A wine club usually consists of 6-12 couples in each group. Each couple agrees to host a wine tasting 1-2 times a year depending on how many couples are in the group. The host determines the type of wine to be tasted (Merlott, Chardonnay, Champagne, etc.). Each couple brings the wine chosen by the host in a brown paper bag to hide the winery. Members vote on each bottle to be sampled with a score of 1-5 (5 being best) and put their answers in a bowl to be tallied by the host. After all bottles are sampled the results are read by the host and the paper bags are removed to expose the wineries. It is fun to find out the good and bad wines and often 2 or more bottles are identical with different scores. The host will usually serve cheese and crackers while the guests enjoy the remainder of the sampled wines.

We have enough interest for several different wine groups in the Villages Wine Club. We hope you will join us when we have an organizational meeting in January. Let us know is you want to be on the invitational list. Email: fredwms47@gmail.com

Fred Williams

Last edited by Fredwms; 12-10-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:11 PM

asianthree,
Can you let me know when? We weren't there last time but would be interested. Will be permanent residents Jan. 13th. Thanks
Old 12-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Sage

My wife and I are interesred.
Closed Thread

Tags
wine, club, information, please, clara, join

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.