Rutgers Football

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Default Rutgers Football

Returning to TV in early September and just wondering if there is a place where RU fans go to watch the games. The first year(s) in the Big10 won't be pretty but you have to hope for the best.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrose View Post
Returning to TV in early September and just wondering if there is a place where RU fans go to watch the games. The first year(s) in the Big10 won't be pretty but you have to hope for the best.
If they play anything like they played last year a good spot to watch the game would be under the covers
Skip 2
Old 08-16-2014, 02:50 PM

The Big Ten has it's own T V network. Check your provider. Go Hawkeye's
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

RU Class of '71 here.

I was looking forward to seeing them play South Florida when I got to TV full time, but that's not going to happen now.

I hope for a .500 season, but would not bet on it.

Wonder if they could get their coach back now that Tampa Bay let him go.

Most good NJ high schoolers go off to play for Big 10 teams, is there any chance of keeping some of them home?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 AM

Beef O’Brady’s in the Southern Trace Plaza is happy to have the Rutgers Club of TV return this season.

The club meets 7 PM the 1st Wednesday of every month at Saddle Brook Rec Center.

You will note that some of the games have no kickoff time or TV coverage associated with them; notably Tulane, Nebraska, Indiana , Michigan State and Maryland. This are probably on a 12 day window which means depending on how the season plays out for those teams and Rutgers, the games may be picked up on national TV. The 12 day window means that determination will be made 12 days prior to the individual game.

Note: The club at the August meeting unanimously decided to watch the 1st half of the Penn State game at Beef O’Brady’s and leave at half time, due to the late start.

The 1st game at Beef O’Brady’s will be Sept. 6th vs. Howard Univ. This is a noon kickoff on BTN.

The 2nd game at Beef’s will be Penn State on Sept. 13th. This is an 8:00 PM kickoff on BTN. The club will only be there until close of business or at least until half time.

The next game at Beef’s will be the Navy game on Sept. 20th. This is on CBS Sports Network with a 3:30 PM kickoff.

The next game vs. Tulane on Sept. 27th is currently not showing a TV time. The remaining 7 games are also incomplete as to channel and time but in any case will be on the B1G 10 network.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Default Big Ten Network

Bigtennetwork.com is what we use when the game is not on National TV.
Our local cable TV subscribes to the Big Ten network and I can log in using my Cable provider and a password. You need internet to do this. Call your cable company or Direct TV has it also. Good Luck, Go Hawkeyes.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 PM

I'll be able to catch the first two games while still in NJ. When I get back to TV on 9/10 I'll have to include BTN with my Bright House cable package.

While I hate to only watch the Penn State game till halftime, or closing, I guess I will try stop in so that I have someone to commiserate with when they get beat.

The early projections only have them winning 2 - 3 games this year. At least being in the Big10 should assist with their recruiting efforts.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 AM

Since everyone reading or posting on this thread are interested in RU, I thought I'd post info about the RU Club in TV, where you can meet and socialize with like minded Villagers.

The Rutgers University Club meets on the 1st Wednesday of most months @ 7:00 PM at Saddlebrook Recreation Center. The club is open to all Village residents who have a genuine interest in Rutgers sports and academics.
You do not have to be an alumnus to participate and there are no dues.

The next meeting will be on Wednesday Sept. 3rd at which time elections for club officers will take place. There is currently an open position for secretary. You must be a Rutgers graduate to hold office.

There will be a speaker from AMAC - Assoc. of Mature American Citizens to start the meeting.

The club will view all Saturday football games at Beef O’Brady’s in Southern Trace Plaza on Rte. 466 at times to be announced. Please plan to arrive one hour prior to kickoff.

For more information about the club, any of the club activities or to be added to email list for ongoing activities, call 259-4065.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

So we have won 2 of the 3 games we are supposed to win.

When the Big 10 conference play begins it's going to get ugly.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 AM

RU was the underdog in the Washington State game and got out with a win. They should have blown away Howard (an FCS program) but got a marginal win.

Saturdays game against Penn State should be ugly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.