ALL my ToTV friends

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

There appears to be another problem that some people SEE the contact info (phone # or email), and others do not see the info. This appears to be random, the same as the ability to read or post PMs (Private Messages). I do not know how, but I suspect the "security update" has trashed the ToTV database. I am guessing this is going to be while before if is fixed, unless they have a backup.....
Old 11-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There appears to be another problem that some people SEE the contact info (phone # or email), and others do not see the info. This appears to be random, the same as the ability to read or post PMs (Private Messages). I do not know how, but I suspect the "security update" has trashed the ToTV database. I am guessing this is going to be while before if is fixed, unless they have a backup.....
Could also be that some people are looking at classifieds and not logging in first. Some people also aren't aware of the Show Contact Number button to the right.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I am thinking we are using a very outdated system. I doubt their is much incentive to upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I have to agree. The magnitude and duration of these problems is no longer reasonable.
Yes, it's getting frustrating.
I wish Admin would comment on the above two posts.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Hello All -

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. As you know we have done over the years heavy customization to the website for the maximum benefit of the users. We have had multiple issues happen at one time as we were doing security updates that broke a number of custom features. We have been working diligently to correct these issues.

Yes you must be logged into your TOTV account first in order to use the classifieds and this is for the user's protection. First thing to do is clear your cache on your browser and start fresh. If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,
Old 11-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
For anyone posting a classified, don't expect to sell your items if you do not post a phone number or email address.

I'm trying to buy mom a transport chair that was listed and can not contact the seller even though I posted on the thread.
You have to log in to the classified ad section to see the persons phone number (I had to log out then log back in). On the right hand side of the page they have 2 boxes. One says "Show contact number," that is where you will find the phone number if the seller has posted it.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Hello All -

If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,
I have tried to contact Admins a number of times and ways to purchase ad space - no replies.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Sage

TOTV Team,
I am hoping that you have seen my email reply, as well as my reply on the other thread regarding site problems, but just in case, still having all of my original problems, including, I saw you sent mt a PM, I cannot open it, and I cannot reply to it. Also, only the first 2 items on the user CP are clickable.

I appreciate that you are looking into the problems and hope you find a solution soon.

PS, I just went into the classified ads, and there was only 1 (one) new item, yet there were several "items for sale" in the home page of the messages. There does not seem to be any correlation between the items showing in the home page and the actual items for sale.

Last edited by villagetinker; 11-03-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added PS
Old 11-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Hello - we will have someone follow up with you thanks for your patience.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Hello - we will have someone follow up with you thanks for your patience.
ToTV team,
A big thank you, my access to read and write PMs is back, and it looks like all of the items in the user CP are working.

Glad you were able to find the problem.

Tags
problems, admins, pms, chrome, edge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.