ATT Problems or Issues?

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Platinum member
Default ATT Problems or Issues?

Is anyone experiencing any problems or issues with ATT cellphone services, or Microcell services south of 466A? If so, what are you experiencing? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:59 PM

I live in Charlotte and with ATT could not get a strong signal...I opted for outside antenna that mounted under my eaves... it is small... but went from zero bars to 3 bars....I live in a stucco house and that is part of the problem as well.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 AM

We have AT&T microcell and works great,5 bars all the time. I was told to use wi-fi calling form a tech at AT&T if your cell phone supports it, and you wouldn't need to use the microcell.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeginnings View Post
We have AT&T microcell and works great,5 bars all the time. I was told to use wi-fi calling form a tech at AT&T if your cell phone supports it, and you wouldn't need to use the microcell.
Thanks. I've used the Microcell for 5 years with 5 bars, but now I can't connect. Maybe my Microcell unit has gone belly up.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:17 AM

Microcell necessary / but don't pay extra for it . Insist on the fact it is their problem , not yours . Lack of CELL TOWERS
Old 02-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

There was a previous thread regarding the newest house designs that have radiant barriers installed with initial construction, and that the radiant barrier may be interfering with the cell phones. We have Verizon, and for the 1st year or so had spotty coverage, that a new tower went up on the horizon, and we now typically have 3 bars or more.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Have been in Sanibel for 5 years this May an have never had any trouble with my at&t service . Never lost a call ,dropped a call can surf the internet on phone (6s) . Live in Sanibel (flats) in a cottage home . My neighbor has one of those services through AARP an has to go outside to make calls . I don't get it. Lucky I guess
Old 02-21-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Thanks. I've used the Microcell for 5 years with 5 bars, but now I can't connect. Maybe my Microcell unit has gone belly up.
Back when I had AT&T it was a fairly regular thing with my microcell that the power adapter would stop working. AT&T wanted to sell me a brand new microcell (for over $200). I got out a magnifying glass and looked at the power specs on the adapter and found a compatible one on Amazon for about $10. Nowadays we have T-Mobile and generally use wifi calling in poor signal areas (although T-Mobile will also provide a microcell for free if you need one).
--
Bob C
Old 02-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Thoughts

Without going into detail some considerations are that it costs about $1.5M to build a tower and about 18 months. Further, ATT have a good fix on what is and what is not being covered in The Villages and with some push will do things to correct the problem but there should be a significant number of residents without or poor cell responses. There are 2 types of AT&T stores in The Villages, one is a Corporate Store and the other a franchise Store. You should be sure you are dealing with a Corp. store and it may pay to insist that you will not pay the 200 for a booster and you want one for free and will return when your area gets cell coverage. Just some suggestions ideas (As an aside it takes the 18 months to get gov. approval, secure the land and build the tower).
Old 02-21-2017, 10:58 PM

We initially had very poor reception and dropped calls inside our house. ATT gave us a microcell at no cost (to attach to our modem). Problem solved!

ATT knows there is a problem with reception in this area.
Closed Thread

Tags
att, experiencing, services, problems, issues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.