HP printer repairs

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Default HP printer repairs

My HP printer is not working right, it seems as though the "grabbers" are not grabbing the paper to feed through the printer. The wording is being printed on the location. I hope that is understandable. Does any of my fellow TOTV posters know where I can get this printer fixed. I really like the printer and besides I have a few ink refills on hand and don't want to waste them. Thank you everyone. I look forward to your answers❣
Old 12-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage

I used to troubleshoot printers at work. When this would happen I would clean the rollers with an alcohol wipe or a q-tip with alcohol.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
My HP printer is not working right, it seems as though the "grabbers" are not grabbing the paper to feed through the printer. The wording is being printed on the location. I hope that is understandable. Does any of my fellow TOTV posters know where I can get this printer fixed. I really like the printer and besides I have a few ink refills on hand and don't want to waste them. Thank you everyone. I look forward to your answers❣
I have found that most of the home printers, are throw away items when it comes to repairs. The last 2 I had the parts cost more than a new printer!! Having stated that I have also been successful in being able to repair a couple of these. Drop me a PM, and I would be glad to take a look at it. I am located in the village of Pinellas.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:40 AM

If your rollers that grab the paper are getting old and dry and shrunken, you can take all of the paper out of the tray, take one paper outside, and spray it down with WD-40 so that it is soaking wet with WD40. Make sure to have something under it when you bring it back in the house so as not to drip on the floor. Place the paper into the tray, and print a blank white image such that nothing gets printed. It's good to do a test on blank paper before you treat it with wd40 to make sure you have a blank that prints nothing.

Run this WD40 soaked paper through several times, then let the printer set unused overnight. Then the next day run clean paper through to clean out the residue.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
Wayne Sallee . Com

Last edited by Wayne Sallee; 12-13-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
We went on You Tube and found a repair instruction site.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Thank you all so much! Kathy
Old 12-14-2016, 04:10 PM

Dear Yab, I went to you tube and followed the directions/instructions. So far so good. Thank you
Thank you Village Tinker for your kind offer. If the printer stops, I will let you know. Kathy
Old 12-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Sage

What did the instructions say to do in a nutshell?
Old 12-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
What did the instructions say to do in a nutshell?
throw it in the trash and buy another cheap HP printer. And if you have trouble with that the Indians should be able to attempt to fix it. Course by this time you will be so disgusted talking to someone when speaks the Queens English with Indian twist you'll hang up and "For GET ABOUT IT".
Closed Thread

Tags
printer, answers❣, fixed, refills, forward

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.